2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is APS Precision a scam?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 PM
2SSick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is APS Precision a scam?

Has any ever ordered anything from aps precision?

http://www.apsprecision.com/

I ordered a billet plenum pan from them about 10 days ago and it still hasnt arrived...i emailed them about it and i got this response...

Yes damit it was sent on 11/22/2011 USPS tracking number
420103149101150134711028536141... our post office system SEEMINGLY loses yet
another package... now the govt wants to run healthcare... heaven help us...
we are done for... I am frustrated cause this is happening again and
again... I will send another priority... cause it isn't your fault... but
this is not the way to run a healthy business... good day my friend... Wayne

and another mail from a different person....

Dear sir this was shipped but haven’t yet recd conformation you got it… please inform us ASAP

Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
2SSick

I'm not trying to give APS a bad name if they are legit...I mean if his story is true then its not his fault either the post office lost the package...I'm just curious if any one else had this issue with them so i know whats up and can take further action.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:37 AM
2SSick

Just to update my situation, as of yesterday my tracking numbet is showing me a package ahipped out of california on the 2nd with an eta of the 5th so we'll see

Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see why people just don't ship UPS for stuff like that. Might be a dollar or two more and it'll get to it's destination a lot quicker.

Don't get me started on CrapEx. Overnight Deliveries scheduled to arrive by 12pm that don't show up till 4pm. Bullspit!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rather than using e-mail you'd be better off calling them. Better service through person-to-person response.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:47 AM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When I ordered my level kit from HBS, USPS sent it to the other side of the state. Took 3 days longer to get it. Just got my hinge pins from LMC. Ordered them almost a month ago. They shipped USPS. Still haven't seen those ones. Called them and they sent another set UPS (per my request) and had them in my hand after 3 days of talking to them.

I know one thing for sure, I WILL request and pay extra for UPS shipping from now on. No longer will I pay for USPS.

As far as their "yes damit" I would have told them to F-OFF and give my money back, NOW. There is no need to treat their customers like that. They admit it's NOT your fault so why are they disrespecting you like that?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by kejobe
When I ordered my level kit from HBS, USPS sent it to the other side of the state. Took 3 days longer to get it. Just got my hinge pins from LMC. Ordered them almost a month ago. They shipped USPS. Still haven't seen those ones. Called them and they sent another set UPS (per my request) and had them in my hand after 3 days of talking to them.

I know one thing for sure, I WILL request and pay extra for UPS shipping from now on. No longer will I pay for USPS.

As far as their "yes damit" I would have told them to F-OFF and give my money back, NOW. There is no need to treat their customers like that. They admit it's NOT your fault so why are they disrespecting you like that?
I don't think his intent there was to disrespect the OP, I think it was more along the lines of expressing his frustration with USPS shipping. Apparently, this isn't the first time they have had this problem.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've purchased a few things from APS and never had any issues. Wayne was knowledgeable and helpful for me.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 AM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I don't think his intent there was to disrespect the OP, I think it was more along the lines of expressing his frustration with USPS shipping. Apparently, this isn't the first time they have had this problem.
Correct. But, whether it be intentional or not, that is what happened. He could have simply mumbled it to himself and not typed it up in an e-mail sent to a customer.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Y'all got it easy. I live on a private road off of a county road that the county has let get so bad that USPS, Fed-Ex, and UPS will no longer drive on. This morning I have to drive about 7 or 8 miles to pick up a package at the post office that should have been delivered to my door.
Dammit! You guys have got me pissed off again, just as I was getting to feel better about it.

Quick Reply: Is APS Precision a scam?