2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Gauge Shows full but low fuel light comes on ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
01silverram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still have the gauge issue. tank was dropped and fuel pump checked. i even checked one at autozone to get the readings.......it was the same as the 2 that I had.

Im also having a no power issue. trucks runs great, sounds great but when you put her in drive she just doesnt seem to have any nuts. You put it in reverse and it seems to have more power (I can actually spin the tires).

Its almost like the brakes are on but it rolls just fine, or the cat is plugged???
This is suppose to be my gf winter truck but damn this thing is really driving me nuts.

I did find the IAC wasnt engaged so it was sucking air like crazy. I pulled the plunger out and it seems to work fine now but??

Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Remove the pre-cat O2 sensor from the exhaust, and see if the truck drives any better.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you pulled the plunger out, the IAC is most likely no good now.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 AM
01silverram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it runs better now, its not sucking air in now. ill try and removes the precat 02 sensor today. i should have checked the cat itself when the muffler was getting chopped but my mechanic was so damn fast I didnt get a chance. crazy thing was that the trukc was isnt loud when the muffler was removed. I have 2 other rams and they were a tad louder when we did the exhaust work.

So pulling the plunger out isnt good huh, lol.............go figure.

Quick Reply: Fuel Gauge Shows full but low fuel light comes on ???