2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission lines leaking help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Dodgerman97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission lines leaking help!

Both transmission lines on the right side of the engine the look to go into the radiator are pissing out tranny fluid! Looks like the connecting pieces have gone bad... No auto part stores around me have these hoses in stock. Anyone know where to find them? And wondering since the tranny is prolly loosing pressure due to this- is why it's slipping when I put it in gear??
Thanks y'all

Old 12-20-2011, 09:33 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can just cut out and replace with a good hose that will take trans fluid. Make sure it is something like maybe fuel line (higher pressure rating than regular hose for carb engines). Good clamps. Deleting check valce in that line will also not hurt.

And losing fluid will cause slipping.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
You can just cut out and replace with a good hose that will take trans fluid. Make sure it is something like maybe fuel line (higher pressure rating than regular hose for carb engines). Good clamps. Deleting check valce in that line will also not hurt.

And losing fluid will cause slipping.
ditto there no need for factory hoses unless its a show truck restoration or something... the trans shop cut mine out and replaced it stating he wont warranty the rebuilt unless the check valve was removed.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 PM
NyghtProwler
Rookie

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
ditto there no need for factory hoses unless its a show truck restoration or something... the trans shop cut mine out and replaced it stating he wont warranty the rebuilt unless the check valve was removed.
that guy has problems then....I checked mine....it's still there....lol

Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by NyghtProwler
that guy has problems then....I checked mine....it's still there....lol
Weird... He removed mine.. and replace the hose.. as soon as I mentioned the check valve he told me he removes them... maybe I reminded hi, or he just did it because I brought it up... mine was leaking too...just enough to soak the hose.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:23 PM
NyghtProwler
Rookie

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
Weird... He removed mine.. and replace the hose.. as soon as I mentioned the check valve he told me he removes them... maybe I reminded hi, or he just did it because I brought it up... mine was leaking too...just enough to soak the hose.
it's on my to do list next week since I'm off and since we are enjoying these spring like temps......

Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Ramzy
Veteran

My trans shop here is the same way. Removes the check valve on all rebuilds.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Originally Posted by NyghtProwler
it's on my to do list next week since I'm off and since we are enjoying these spring like temps......
I hear ya, I got the stuff to do a tuneup on mine...

Old 12-20-2011, 10:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,218 Likes on 2,969 Posts

Piece of trans line about 8 inches long, and a few hose clamps. Its a bear to get the hose over the lips the couplers hang on to, but, once you do, and put a clamp on it, it ain't never comin' off...... (probably not even when you want it to....)

Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Dodgerman97
Rookie

Thanks! But what exactly is the check valve? What I just did with one was cut the metal clamp connecting to the radiator and hose clamped it... But the other one doesnt seem to have enough length the get over that lip....

Quick Reply: Transmission lines leaking help!