2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

14x3 question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A stock CAI has a lot of turbulence from things like the ridged collapsible flex hose that it used.(if i did I have never seen one on this particular engine but my jeep had that). I could see that being a bit restrictive...I know my cheap ebay setup is actually polished aluminum with a smooth surface the whole way... I'm willing to bet setups like these arent all that restrictive

Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
A stock CAI has a lot of turbulence from things like the ridged collapsible flex hose that it used.(if i did I have never seen one on this particular engine but my jeep had that). I could see that being a bit restrictive...I know my cheap ebay setup is actually polished aluminum with a smooth surface the whole way... I'm willing to bet setups like these arent all that restrictive
I can't argue with that point. It's the cost issue. If I had more money I'd get a Volant or AFE (name not right?) As opposed to a 14x3. The 14x3 does look nice though.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Is your engine in the bed?
Nope. Besides, I've got a K&N Freakin' Incredibly Pricey Kludge on mine.

My previous post was a major mental misfire. I had it in mind that we were talking about the pointless but cute crankcase breather. Must've had too much blood in my caffeine stream or not quite enough blood in my alcohol stream at the time.

After running them for years, I'll never again have a 14x3. I hate the things. Absolutely freakin' hate 'em. Have I mentioned how much I hate them? It's a lot. Every time I see one I also see in my mind's eye a shattered AMC 360 piston that got that way thanks to a 14x3 allowing some water to pass. Freakin' hate 'em. Every time I see one on a four wheel drive these days I think to myself, "Now there's a moron". It might not be a fair characterization, but that's what I think. The guy's probably no more than half a moron. Freakin' hate those things.

I'd just as soon cross a stream with a velocity stack as with a 14x3. Not that I was crossing a stream when my engine took a sip of water. Hate those damned things.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Nope. Besides, I've got a K&N Freakin' Incredibly Pricey Kludge on mine.

My previous post was a major mental misfire. I had it in mind that we were talking about the pointless but cute crankcase breather. Must've had too much blood in my caffeine stream or not quite enough blood in my alcohol stream at the time.

After running them for years, I'll never again have a 14x3. I hate the things. Absolutely freakin' hate 'em. Have I mentioned how much I hate them? It's a lot. Every time I see one I also see in my mind's eye a shattered AMC 360 piston that got that way thanks to a 14x3 allowing some water to pass. Freakin' hate 'em. Every time I see one on a four wheel drive these days I think to myself, "Now there's a moron". It might not be a fair characterization, but that's what I think. The guy's probably no more than half a moron. Freakin' hate those things.

I'd just as soon cross a stream with a velocity stack as with a 14x3. Not that I was crossing a stream when my engine took a sip of water. Hate those damned things.
Let me make sure I have this right. Am I correct in assuming you don't like the 14x3 mod? You old fart.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Let me make sure I have this right. Am I correct in assuming you don't like the 14x3 mod?
Hang on, let me think on it a moment.

Yep, that's correct, I hate the ever lovin' 5h17 out of those things. I'd rather slam my ***** in my truck door with the keys locked inside than put a 14x3 on it. Heck, I'd rather do that then push the thing in neutral onto a steep hill than put a 14x3 on it. I'd kiss Newtie flogging Gutwrench full on the mouth before I'd put a 14x3 on it.

Just now VDub is wondering, "What? I don't get that last one. I thought he didn't like 14x3's."

You old fart.
Dust in the drawers, man, dust in the drawers.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Hang on, let me think on it a moment.

Yep, that's correct, I hate the ever lovin' 5h17 out of those things. I'd rather slam my ***** in my truck door with the keys locked inside than put a 14x3 on it. Heck, I'd rather do that then push the thing in neutral onto a steep hill than put a 14x3 on it. I'd kiss Newtie flogging Gutwrench full on the mouth before I'd put a 14x3 on it.

Just now VDub is wondering, "What? I don't get that last one. I thought he didn't like 14x3's."

Dust in the drawers, man, dust in the drawers.

LMAO, I know it was only a few minutes ago, but I don't even remember what I posted .

And btw, I just got a Newtie for Christmas. And socks too. hahahaha

Last edited by zman17; 12-27-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:54 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

LMAO, I know it was only a few minutes ago, but I don't even remember what I posted .
You posted something?

And btw, I just got a Newtie for Christmas.
Ya know why Republican congressmen usually wear very similar ties? There's only one manufacturer who makes them sturdy enough to keep their foreskins from getting up over their faces.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:13 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

You posted something?

Ya know why Republican congressmen usually wear very similar ties? There's only one manufacturer who makes them sturdy enough to keep their foreskins from getting up over their faces.
LOL..........

HUH? you talkin to me? Say that again, I can't hear you.

Quick Reply: 14x3 question