2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mind blown, 2wd lift kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
generaljr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha the 4x4 just keeps their owners crying, death wobble, hubs,cad,ect 2wd are better.....(I wish)

Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 AM
tatitup8
Veteran

Originally Posted by 97tn4x4
My fiancé is buying me a set of 37's, it's hard to find a chick that will spend "her" money and not just yours lol. It sucks rough country has 6" 2wd lift for 550 but it's for an 02-05.
Well what good is that far me? Lol :P

Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tatitup8
Useless? Just because it's not 4wd? I wish people would stop stereotyping 2wd with lifts. If someone wants something, or likes something, they have the right to get it whether its for something specific, or just for looks.
Ok This is going to be taken the wrong way by some but lets step back and look at this objectively

Yep its your opinion... the others who see it differently just have common sense in their corner....Its not stereotyping. Its being practical.. iI something is done to fool people into thinking its something other than what it is they are posing.. bottom line its what posing is.
A 4wd truck will have the practical performance advantage in all situations where a lift and larger tires would be utilized than a 2wd.. so dont expect the same respect from others who have the real thing... you wont always get it. Please dont get high and mighty about it being a stereotyping thing.. Do you favor the underperformers in life that make no attemt to better themselves? Do you think they use the stereotyping card to justify their actions (or lack of)...yup. different situation entirely, but same point about stereotyping..

Its no different than a fake sportscar with an underpowered drivetrain and no performance... Its faking it to impress others... and lets not try to make it into something else... you can easily trade the truck for a 4wd and do it right in this case its not like a real 4wd costs much more to start with like in the case of many fake sportcars... And because of that you WILL get criticism from others.. Just like the guy that buys an offroad edition truck, lifts it and puts all sorts of offroad accessories on it but wont take it off the pavement because hes afraid to scratch the paint...

I have a 29 mercedes roadster kitcar which looks like it have a 6 cylinder under the hood in front when in fact its one a vw chassis with the 4 cylinder engine in the rear.(its still fast because its only 1200 lbs and its cool because the original as well as the vw were designed by the same guy Ferdinand Porsche ). Because of this, Its not taken seriously at most car shows and I take a lot of heat for owning it.... It IS what it IS and thats a fun toy built at home in the garage.. The real ones a about 7 million bucks. If it were just as affordable Id own the real thing. I dont argue about stereotyping with them.. I also make no attempt to pass it off as real or a sports car...When people ask me what it is I tell them a vw kitcar. I accept the criticism for what it is... especially if its from someone who busted their *** to do it right to have function and looks.

I could care less if someone lifts a 2wd truck hindering its onroad performance and practicality in favor of impressing others or just because they like the look (Usually same thing BTW) some people really cant afford to go another route (which makes one wonder why they would throw away all that money with poor gas mileage and expensive mods for looks? Or it could explain why)
Its the whole point of arguing it makes just as much sense that bugs me... like putting $3,000 wheels on an $800 car...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 01-28-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:35 PM
tatitup8
Veteran

alright, so she got me a 3" body lift.. it's on the way )

Old 02-05-2012, 07:39 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alright, so she got me a 3" body lift.. it's on the way )
You know the routine, we will expect pictures before and after!

Old 02-07-2012, 04:17 PM
tatitup8
Veteran

Originally Posted by stewie01
You know the routine, we will expect pictures before and after!
will do! hopefully my tires will look alright with it so i don't have to upgrade imediately..

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kustomblack1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngYfw...e_gdata_player

2wd pre runner will smoke a front axle 4x4 across the desert any day. Baja 1000 bubs, 4x4 couldn't take the first jump if it has a front full axle. Lifted 2wd are practical, that's what most pre runners are.

Your right about the baja applications in the desert. There are applications for everything including a v6 in a full sized ram too for mpg...
So you would be one of maybe 5 or 10 percent of people here who Havent lifted their 2wd mainly for looks?

You cant argue the fact that if many of the guys with a lifted 2wd were given a choice they would have opted for the 4wd.... many who say otherwise are just lying to themselves...
It just makes more sense to go lower with a 2wd for speed and handling and go higher with a 4wd for offroad and utilize the vehicles built in strong points..
Just my opinion on the matter though...

I do have 2 1/2 2wd aluminum coil spacers and a rear 1/2 shackle lift I purchased by mistake I'm willing to sell cheap if anyone is looking...

Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will do! hopefully my tires will look alright with it so i don't have to upgrade imediately..
Should look just fine.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I wish I would've lifted my 2wd before starting building my house out in the desert. I don't need a 4wd, my limited slip diff has always got me through without too much hassle. But going in and out of washes has ripped off the front bumper valance and my pig tail and bent my rear bumper up. Another 2" and I would've cleared the rocks and wash banks. I will probably lift my truck in the next couple months, after I fix my tractor-hydraulics went out and my house is dead in the water until I get my tractor back up.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:58 PM
jmbishop
Professional

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
Your right about the baja applications in the desert. There are applications for everything including a v6 in a full sized ram too for mpg...
So you would be one of maybe 5 or 10 percent of people here who Havent lifted their 2wd mainly for looks?

You cant argue the fact that if many of the guys with a lifted 2wd were given a choice they would have opted for the 4wd.... many who say otherwise are just lying to themselves...
It just makes more sense to go lower with a 2wd for speed and handling and go higher with a 4wd for offroad and utilize the vehicles built in strong points..
Just my opinion on the matter though...

I do have 2 1/2 2wd aluminum coil spacers and a rear 1/2 shackle lift I purchased by mistake I'm willing to sell cheap if anyone is looking...

A low percentage of 4x4 guys actually need 4x4 despite what they claim. most of the 4x4 guys are just doing it for looks and not be be practical. I drive a stock height 2wd with ATs through Dallas then all over our 270 acres of mud, not just any mud, Texas mud. Silly new yorkers.

If you want a lift kit, go for it. if you like it you did it right.

Last edited by jmbishop; 04-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: mind blown, 2wd lift kits?