2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual muffler exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
ekaplan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nothing good here. OP already has his plan. Nothing but attitude. delete.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Nickerson
I was trying to be humble... And offer suggestions, whether they pertain to your interests or not. Take it or leave, not my problem.

Ask anyone else on here, stock y-pipe/cat setup is restrictive. Replace it with mandrel bent y-pipe going into a dual inlet cat=less restriction=more power in the case of our 2nd gen rams.

The stock y-pipe crams the 2 pipes coming from the manifolds into a small diameter pipe leading into a single inlet cat. This restriction is more prevalent in the 94-99 models as they changed the exhaust setup/pipe sizes for the better in the 00-01 models (although upgrading the exhaust still helps to increase power).

I've already done this myself. Replaced the pipes and got a hi flow cat...even with a blown plenum there was a definite increase in power from that alone.
I Guess someone just like confrontation..... the "y pipe" on the 98-01 ram is a weak link in the chain and is restrictive. If you have spoken to the "real pros" then why are you here asking advise and spouting incorrect gibberish? like some kid in a pissing match on the playground....

Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Kierbo77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey now don't joke about pissing matches on playgrounds we get pretty serious there.

Quick Reply: Dual muffler exhaust?