Well, after much cussing and gnashing of teeth, I finally got the thing out. It took ramming a screwdriver into it with a hammer to just crack it to pieces and pull it out. What a PITA. New sensor is in and surprisingly, the speedo is working beautifully and all but my CEL is out on the dash (probably have to clear it with a scanner). I honestly was expecting to still have issues. So, I'm excited. I guess the good news is I've got really really fresh gear oil now. I read in another thread that it's necessary to pop the diff cover. Yeah, Don't waste your time. Unless you have in your possession some really nice gynecologists tools you will not be able to put pressure on the bung from the inside of the diff. You can see it, it can see you, but you cannot touch it, no sir.