2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stroker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Yea, but he had a LOT of it already there to start with, dipsherry had closer to 10 i thought...
Yeah if you are single then go for a 408 build. If you are married and want a divorce do a 408 build. Thats my best advice. I am in the motor for somewhere around $10,000 but that is buying the best of everything and my nyrex progressive stage nitrous kit. Then i have my A.P.S. trans that carried a recipt of $5100 with the torque converter.
I spend all night at my shop i get out of work i go there 4 nights a week till 11 or 12 at night. My ole lady gets pissed. but she understands this is a dream for me. I am actually doing the lockers and yukon axles as we speek. I just am trying to make sure this truck has nothing that could possibly go wrong. Overall it will be worth it but there is nights where i just look at my pile of parts and truck then just want to cry lol.

Then i realize there will be a day soon where i can pull up to a stop light with my 5700lb truck and outrun a few gt's and rice rockets. then i can burry it in any hole i want and climb out. And i press on

Old 03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dipsherry
Yeah if you are single then go for a 408 build. If you are married and want a divorce do a 408 build. Thats my best advice. I am in the motor for somewhere around $10,000 but that is buying the best of everything and my nyrex progressive stage nitrous kit. Then i have my A.P.S. trans that carried a recipt of $5100 with the torque converter.
I spend all night at my shop i get out of work i go there 4 nights a week till 11 or 12 at night. My ole lady gets pissed. but she understands this is a dream for me. I am actually doing the lockers and yukon axles as we speek. I just am trying to make sure this truck has nothing that could possibly go wrong. Overall it will be worth it but there is nights where i just look at my pile of parts and truck then just want to cry lol.

Then i realize there will be a day soon where i can pull up to a stop light with my 5700lb truck and outrun a few gt's and rice rockets. then i can burry it in any hole i want and climb out. And i press on
Those are motivating words to me! I have a few things i could button up on my truck before I get the clutch and put it all together, but I have been lazy because I was tired and frustrated with it.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 AM
sinus19
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Shoot. If I was gonna go all out, id build a 476 stroker. Every part is available off the shelf except custom sized pistons.
476 out of a 360? oooooooooooooooh wee!

Quick Reply: Stroker?