2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans service coming up, sensor/solenoid question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012 | 11:27 PM
gdstock
Legend

Bottom of pan where it does not interfere with anything. The plug will stick up into the pan a little. Stay away from the filter and you should be good. (I boufht several from the link I provided including the sensor - and turned around and sold them locally to Ram owners....at $135. Even sold one to a kid that works at O'Reileys...hehe....)

Old 05-26-2012 | 11:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by gdstock
Bottom of pan where it does not interfere with anything. The plug will stick up into the pan a little. Stay away from the filter and you should be good. (I boufht several from the link I provided including the sensor - and turned around and sold them locally to Ram owners....at $135. Even sold one to a kid that works at O'Reileys...hehe....)
That's just cold. But, I love the irony there.

Old 05-27-2012 | 12:16 AM
sarmikgar
|
Professional

Originally Posted by gdstock
Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's just cold. But, I love the irony there.
I dont work at an O'Reilly's, but do the same job for one of the other "major auto parts chains", and yeah.. there is alot of people who are hired who have no business working there.

We had had one person who had been there for 3 weeks, I ordered in a new fuel tank for my truck(I posted about it on here) and had it shipped to the store, I had it ready to go out the door at the end of the night when we were closing and that new hire asked me if it was a brake rotor.. there were pictures in the store showing the brake parts with names of each part and they still didnt know after 3 weeks.. honest to gods truth..

Old 05-27-2012 | 12:29 AM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by sarmikgar
I dont work at an O'Reilly's, but do the same job for one of the other "major auto parts chains", and yeah.. there is alot of people who are hired who have no business working there.

We had had one person who had been there for 3 weeks, I ordered in a new fuel tank for my truck(I posted about it on here) and had it shipped to the store, I had it ready to go out the door at the end of the night when we were closing and that new hire asked me if it was a brake rotor.. there were pictures in the store showing the brake parts with names of each part and they still didnt know after 3 weeks.. honest to gods truth..
The kid asked me waht I thought his tranny issue was. It was classic gov solenoid. He looked it up in their system and it only had OEM type. I explained that it would work, but the BW was better. (I made sure the manager wasn't within earshot - didn't want him to get in a bind).

I hae sold several - word of mouth. I think I have only one left, but I may have saturated the talk market. Not in the business, but a few bucks to help with Ram is good!

One kid at Autozone asked me to paint his truck earlier this week. haven't ddecided yet, but told him he would have to sand if I did it!

Old 05-27-2012 | 11:36 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Get a B&M drain plug, install the one you have now,same 1/2" hole. Get the B&M meantime. Next change, install/replace it with the B&M. Get a tranny temp sensor also. Use one of these manifolds for the sensor of your choice. http://dieselmanor.com/dm_products/FTG-MFD.asp And heres a pic of where to install the drain plug.

Name:  DSCF0614.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  109.6 KB

Quick Reply: Trans service coming up, sensor/solenoid question