2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seat compatability

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat compatability

hey guys, i got tired of the vinyl bench seat in my reg cab 01 & got a cloth split bench from a bone yard truck with an extended cab. no power options but in great shape. the front edge mounts are too high on the seat & it looks like i will have to rent a welder to modify it to fit, unless any of you guys know a way to fit it in otherwise. the 2nd part of my question, is the new seats built in belts. they won't come out. there is a small module under the new seat with a molex of its own. i suspect i have to do something electrical to release the belts, so i could use help there too. help me please!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Photos? I think the ext cab floor is different than std cab. And on a 1999 QC, the seat belts are anchored to the seat frome and can be taken off with a 47 torx.

The box under the seat is part of the seat belt monitoring and may activate airbag is pass seat is occupied (not sure, but some vehicles have this function).

Old 06-09-2012, 11:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

I think the belts just need power to release. Grab the service manual of the appropriate year for the donor truck, and check out the wiring diagrams. (actually, the connector pin-out will tell you what you need to know.)

Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 PM
gdstock
Legend

I know if you forget to plug in the connector when you replace carpets and reinstall seats, you will get seat belt light on cluster.....

Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
I know if you forget to plug in the connector when you replace carpets and reinstall seats, you will get seat belt light on cluster.....
Gee gd, how is it you know that?

Old 06-09-2012, 11:24 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Gee gd, how is it you know that?

I was just looking for potential issues while looking at the schematic....that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:32 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just be glad we don't have a newer vehicle that know's when a butt's in a seat and not wearing a seatbelt and the stupid buzzer NEVER goes off. I hate my mom's PT Cruiser......

Old 06-10-2012, 01:23 AM
peshewa
Veteran

the original seat had no electrical connections, so i will just go thru the sm to find out what needs power to release the belts. i know the floor of the cab from the doner is way different, so cutting & welding are in my imidiate future. all the front mounts are suspended in the air, about 5-6 inches, i have wood blocks holding them up. after bolting in the rear mounts & blocking up the front, i got excited & jumped in real fast & whacked my head on the top of the door sil hard enough for my dead ancestors to curse out loud. i am also stuck without a tilt collumn so i have to sqweeze my legs under the wheel too. at least its purdy! i will add some pics soon of this goofy thing i chose to do. my head still hurts btw.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
peshewa
Veteran

I have pics to post, but forgot how to do that here. Who knows?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 PM
peshewa
Veteran

Quick Reply: Seat compatability