2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

white 2001 5.9 ram 1500 Mod suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sooper
Where's the rubber/plastic piece that goes on the back of the block.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Where's the rubber/plastic piece that goes on the back of the block.

They're both in the kit, but the image leaves one of the two end seals out.

Heck I don't even ever use them. Just like when I build a SBC, I just use a 3/8" thick bead of silicon on the ends. Let it cure for 20 minutes, drop the intake on, torque, let sit for 12 hours, re-check torque, and let'r rip.

If you use those end seals though, put silicon in the corners where the gaskets meet, and it's ready to fire up when you're done with everything else.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sooper
They're both in the kit, but the image leaves one of the two end seals out.

Heck I don't even ever use them. Just like when I build a SBC, I just use a 3/8" thick bead of silicon on the ends. Let it cure for 20 minutes, drop the intake on, torque, let sit for 12 hours, re-check torque, and let'r rip.

If you use those end seals though, put silicon in the corners where the gaskets meet, and it's ready to fire up when you're done with everything else.
Oh I know. I was just wondering if both seals where there. Looks good

Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
tigersax
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to tackle the intake tomorrow thanks for all the sugestions i ordered the hughes kit seems to be what everyone says will do. I also saw the intakes that they have and maybe tackle that next spring. I have to do more digging into it. got the new radio in a couple of days ago and fixed some other interior things driving me nuts the blend door for one think switching from cold to hot LOL. I see that was another common think with these trucks. anyway i will be working on it all day tomorrow and will post progress. hopefully the kit does come in lik it says it should not going to cross my fingers on the postal service though.thanks agian for all the ideas and help.

Old 08-24-2022, 04:03 PM
Roughcountry99dodgeramlongbed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Storm trooper I'm guessing that is the previous owners thought process of the truck I ended up with, the the front bumper was replaced with a chrome one and blasted black and same thing with the polished Laramie slt aluminum wheels and center caps and the factory rear bumper is black and in good shape so it was left alone truck has some rust but considering the area it came from it's in pretty good shape.

Quick Reply: white 2001 5.9 ram 1500 Mod suggestions