2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Try 2 @ Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

To check the flexplate bolts, just need to pull the starter, the two braces from the engine mounts, to the bell housing. (if you still have them) and a couple small bolts to pull the cover. Bolts are in there. Just need to rotate the engine a bit, check a bolt, turn the engine some more, check the next one. Etc.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Timelord83
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
To check the flexplate bolts, just need to pull the starter, the two braces from the engine mounts, to the bell housing. (if you still have them) and a couple small bolts to pull the cover. Bolts are in there. Just need to rotate the engine a bit, check a bolt, turn the engine some more, check the next one. Etc.
job for friday after the dump run.. still wondering why loose bolts would make it chug and lower idle .. but i know **** about autos

Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

They won't, but, they will cause it to make some strange noises.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Timelord83
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
They won't, but, they will cause it to make some strange noises.
well that was a damn adventure. they where all tight. half way through i knocked rust in my face and had to start over so ya they are all good. Debating what to do with it. As the issue in reverse is getting far far worse.. Now if i'm not quick on the reverse it stalls out in seconds unless you two footing it.. brakes and gas to force the rpms up so it won't stall.

Quick Reply: Try 2 @ Transmission Issues