2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default got some questions

Ok, just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had some answers.
my first question is this, should i go back through the bolts on my intake manifold and do a torque check? kinda like exhaust manifolds? just curious.

second question: my truck wont down shift from 3 to 2 when i accelerate. if i come around a corner and hit the gas, or even if i just want to pass someone, i have to manually downshift. any ideas on what that could be? i have a '95, so its an RH. something clogging a passageway in the VB? is there a kickdown solenoid? i dont think there is, but just wanting some advice or opinions on what it might be.

any info is appreciated! thanks!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll answer with a question.

After 1000+ posts by you and the support you've gotten here on balljoints (loved that thread actually) and other issues, how did you succumb to the "I'm so lazy I'll make an obtuse thread title that no one can benefit from" syndrome?

Old 07-31-2012, 02:36 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
I'll answer with a question.

After 1000+ posts by you and the support you've gotten here on balljoints (loved that thread actually) and other issues, how did you succumb to the "I'm so lazy I'll make an obtuse thread title that no one can benefit from" syndrome?

i've been feeling exceptionally lazy lately, sorry lmao. if i could change the title, i'd do it just for YOU! lol!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM
billcart
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a gov pressure on rh? If so that might be it.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by billcart
Is there a gov pressure on rh? If so that might be it.
well, there's not a governor solenoid on the RH's i believe. but i've heard people call the O/D solenoid (which an RH DOES have) a kickdown solenoid as well. so i'm just kinda confused. funny part about it, is that ever since my O/D off hasn't worked, this problem has been there too. so i honestly have no clue what it could be...and really dont have the money to be dropping the pan, swapping parts that might not be the problem, and finding that it its not the problem, and then spending more money on fluid again lol. i'm pretty convinced its my solenoid, but just wanted some opinions first before i decided to move ahead with anything lol

Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Check TV cable adjustment. That's about the only thing that is going to affect shift points on an RH.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:40 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Im just throwing this out there....your fluid is up to par right...your saying you have ahift problems and i remember a time where i went offroading and loaded my tranny up with water...drove it home 12 miles with the truck not comming out of first and slipping and grinding....flushed it four times by just filling it, running through gears and dropping the pan...and the last flush i changed the filter and boom...havent had a single shift problem since....and that was about 20k ago...thats why i ask about fluid/filter

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 AM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

it has been a while since the fluid and filter has been changed, but its been having this problem since before i changed the fluid last. and i've adjusted the TV cable multiple times and it still wont downshift from 3-2 unless i come to a crawl, maybe 10 or less mph.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Drop the valve body, clean it, and check for broken springs.....

Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 AM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Drop the valve body, clean it, and check for broken springs.....
will do, thanks!

Quick Reply: got some questions