2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bought a used sct tuner.. wtf

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:52 AM
TheBullRoars
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought a used sct tuner.. wtf

Has prior vin etc stored. Upon first startup it said one change left. Sucks hardcore. Seller said 4 left. Oh well the 93 tune should be worth it right?

Went through the tune process and got a victory noise and a "success" message. Now, it cranks over and doesn't start or fire at all.

Worse than that.. I can't tune or return to stock. I get an error 11 no connection.

Exactly how fuxored am I?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:33 AM
TheBullRoars
Amateur

cant use any function even just reading dtcs. everything is "error 11 no autoconnect"

after some reading i learned that it can be lots of things. mostly i have to call them and see what they say. will update when the truck runs again

Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

SCT units are specific to a pcm. you've loaded tunes in designed for another pcm model. You should be okay though. Call SCT this morning and tell them you bought a used unit and programmed your truck and now it won't start. Ask them for a recovery file. After that is loaded in the tuner it'll force itself on the pcm and then you should be okay.

I do sell the tuners or just tuning only for those that have an SCT tuner already. Shoot me a pm or email with your truck model and mods.

Last edited by hemifever; 08-13-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 PM
TheBullRoars
Amateur

Bought a new tuner from Sean. He overnighted it to me. But now I'm getting the same error when trying to force pcm into recovery.. or use any feature

Sct says this means no communication, and pcm is compromised

I have to take the pcm to dodge tomorrow and see if they can wipe or reflash it. I hope its not too far fvked

DO NOT BUY USED TUNERS. They are in fact vin and pcm part number specific

Not only did I waste money on the used tuner, the previous owners tune bricked my computer so now I have to pay to have that fixed as well

Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
TheBullRoars
Amateur

Had to get a new pcm. This whole ordeal cost me a lot of money and stress. Learn from my mistake

Loving the 93 tune. Really woke the truck up. Thanks to Sean and sct for all the help

Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 PM
hemifever
SPONSOR

I'm glad it's all working and ur happy with the tuning. I really hate to see all the issues you went through and the money spent. I'll bump up your "can" tune option to custom tuning w/o a fee so if you ever need a tweak, hit me up

Old 08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
TheBullRoars
Amateur

Thanks Sean. You're the man

Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I'm so tempted to buy a tune for my 1998 Ram. It's healthy just weak...well, as weak as the 360 can be called in a truck. LOL.

My hesitation is that I have a virgin 360 donor engine that will end up a 408 someday and I really hate the idea of paying for a tune when I'll be replacing the engine and will have to buy a tube for it too.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You'll need a custom tune anyway for the 408. A canned tune for a 360 will just hold it back. If the temptation is there, buy the SCT now and it's just a couple more bucks later for Sean to send you a tune customized for the stroker.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

buy the custom package now.... $375.. good deal... so long as you don't swap PCM's, the tuner doesn't care what engine is in it.. tune accordingly.. rock on..

Quick Reply: bought a used sct tuner.. wtf