2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help pleasewith shift linkage removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:38 PM
rattledRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help pleasewith shift linkage removal

Hello everyone, I need someones help here Im trying to remove my valve body out of my tranny, but in order to do that i need to remove my shift linkage. The problem is im having a really tough time with it I loosened but bolts on the wire cable plastic cable looking thing and the actual mechanical linkage and it still wont pop off.. here is a pic i got off this sight to show u guys

Attached Thumbnails Need help pleasewith shift linkage removal-dodge_van_shifter_link_3.jpg  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 PM
rattledRAM

do u guys see the pic i posted? im not sure it worked, please help this is my daily driver and im without a vehicle

Old 09-22-2012, 02:39 AM
rattledRAM

damn no replys.. when i owned a volkswagen and went to there forums for help they were too many to offer help.. makes me wonder

Old 09-22-2012, 01:01 PM
dlyter09
Champion

First off this is posted in the wrong section.. Nobody knows what you are working on. Car truck van what?? What year? It helps to post in the section that is for your vehicle.. And no there is no picture

Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Merged your threads and yes, the picture now works. As soon as you tell us your model year and what vehicle you have exactly, I can move you to the right section of the forum.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM
rattledRAM

thanks .. sorry i havent been back i didnt really think i would get any help.. its a 2001 dodge ram 1500.. with the 5.2 motor and the 46 RE tranny if that helps and.. my accumulator spring is cracked in the valvebody in the tranny.. i just need to remove that so i can remove valve body and replace it.. i appreciate your replies , and any help would be great

Old 02-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Paloma Bernard

Originally Posted by rattledram
damn no replys.. When i owned a volkswagen and went to there forums for help they were too many to offer help.. Makes me wonder
quot
same here i have not been able to find any type of assistance with finding where the linkage is located on my truck..
Were you ever able to get some help?
Im desperate
Phone number removed.

Last edited by HeyYou; 02-03-2021 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Paloma Bernard
quot
same here i have not been able to find any type of assistance with finding where the linkage is located on my truck..
Were you ever able to get some help?
Im desperate
Phone number removed.
Posting your phone number on a public forum is a REALLY bad idea.....

This thread is 8 years old, and the original poster likely hasn't been around for most of that. Best bet is to start your own thread, detail your problem, and any steps you have taken to fix it. Help us help you.

Quick Reply: Need help pleasewith shift linkage removal