2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission-Back to square one

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
The question is, when to apply a band aid such as solenoid swap, and will it last long enough to get to a point where a rebuild is more affordable.
That's the point I've been trying to make. With 148,000 miles behind it and having already failed in the recent past due to grit loading, the thing isn't going to last long enough to justify the cost of refilling it with ATF, let alone risking that its last mile might just be wickedly expensive.

Knowhuddamean?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
CAR.CLINIC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with ya. When I was a young man with a family to support, I enrolled in the Fix It Cheap course offered by Adversity University, AKA School Of Hard Knocks, and graduated summa *** laude in just two years. The tuition for the accelerated coursework was outrageous. My Master's Thesis was entitled "The False Economy of Automotive Maintenance Frugality", and subtitled "Reality Doesn't Give A Damn What You're Hoping For".
AAAAAAA_MEN Brother.

Quick Reply: Transmission-Back to square one