2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering Box Braces

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 12:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

The dodge off road version is a better design. It doesn't tie across to the opposite frame rail, so, you don't get the torque loading from the brace when the frame twists. I would link to it, but, apparently, the way the store site operates, I can link directly to it. Search it up.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:29 PM
tridata
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wonder wonder

Originally Posted by Sooper
I see that one on my local Craigslist all the time, which prompted me to search the subject, leading me to this thread.

I'm probably going to order one for several reasons. My box is healthy but I suffer from the flex and wandering steering. It's affordable. My Ram is rarely off road, and when it is, it's a mild trail to a camping location or a field for wood or car parts.

It seems very well designed and based on my situation, a perfect fit to assist the steering and lessen the wandering.
I had terrible wondering.. with only 75K. After my local shop replaced the ball joints it was worse. I found the steering box cross bar on craigslist. Had it put on. It did not help one bit..
So, then I thought, well, I'll rebuild the entire front-end.. drag, link tie rod ends etc.. Was about to, when I spoke with my tire guy who owns a dodge PU. He looked at the front end and thought it was tight. He suggested I replace the stabilizer. I had the part handy, he put it on and it did make a big difference..

Last edited by tridata; 03-31-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Steering Box Braces