2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Common Dodge issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:36 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you have a 4wd: Death Wobble.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never had an issue with the DW in my ram... My jeep had major DW after my lift was done..

Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM
smokinbutnotbroken

The steering is pretty tight ride is smooth, just pulls ever so slightly to the right (im fine with that it feels about the same as the f150 was) will be sure to thoroughly inspect repack/replace wheel bearings when i get it to my buds garage along with all the other things suggested on here.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 PM
dlyter09
Champion

The wheel bearings on these rams are non serviceable.. might want to plan on just replacing them.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The windows dont have fuses, just circuit breakers. The switches are probably corroded and not making good contact (at least mine were). I took the switches apart and cleaned the contacts and the windows started working again. Could also be the motors themselves. Once I got my switches working then I found out on the drivers side, the gears were stripped in the motor.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker

That turbo is no fair lol.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
getdown78
Veteran

My 96 has no cat+dummy o2s = No stopped up cat ! A truck does not need power robbing cats on it at all !

Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

You want at least the front O2 to be there, and operating correctly.....

Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
ClubCab5.9
Professional

Make sure the darn thing starts first before you buy. Seems to be a common problem around here no start condition.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 AM
smokinbutnotbroken

Thanks again for the replys from everyone : ) -clubcab- i have yet to even tinker with it yet besides throwing jumper cables on it to get it started again and moving it about 10 feet so my buddy could get his beemer in the garage (shot battery).. Im fairly certain the p/o is correct about his for sale sign saying "truck does not want to die" because against all the terrible odds so far it has had no issue starting for me barring the jumpstart of course and a couple pumps of the throttle so i think im good on the no start deal.. i appreciate the input -Getdown- but running no o2 sensors does not sound like the greatest idea imho although it may run, and run well enough they were their for a reason to begin with and i know enough about all fuel injection systems that at least 1 o2 sensor is a must.. its a critical part of letting the computer know what timing and fuel to throw at the engine to each their own though i suppose.. -97- haha before i had the turbo on it i had the injectors and all the other goodies on their and it laid down 330-340 horse on our diesel big rig dyno i had at work depending on how hot it was outside and considering the weight difference of the f150s 2x4 chassis and your 4x4 i think i still might have had you : ) but i do agree the turbo wouldnt be fair..-Heyyou- When i get the time and a little extra moola (been working an average of 14 hour nights so far) this coming friday im planning for a full tune-up including battery, chopping most of the hack-job exhaust off of it (including the cat since i dont have emissions to worry about passing here in indiana anymore and it seems like the best thing to do since they are so commonly clogged with dodges apparently)

all of the diagrams i found in the service manual show cats that have 2 leads protruding from the tops or sides dont remember which, but it doesnt show where they run to anyone know and also after i chop the cat out should i just unplug the downstream 02s and ditch it? i like to be as prepared as possible before any project it makes things run smoothly : )
sooo what is this DEATH WOBBLE you speak of??? and what is the cause?
These trucks have more than one circuit breaker just for the windows, i only seen the one on the fuse panel cover and the owners manuel?? i know a common problem with all vehicles is those darned plastic gears in their (terrible engineering for all the automakers) orrr (genius in the fact they make oodles of cash from replacement parts..) either way garbage..

btw Im sure some or most of you are pretty well Dodge fans so i feel i should say that even though it may seem like im bashing them, im not i will point out flaws in any and all automakers because they all have them.. chevys distributors are in the back. ford trucks have supsension bracketry that is RIVETED to the frame so the brackets rivets must be hammered out; then drilled along with the frame to accept shiny new bolts. prius's and their suuuper fast cars that the gas pedal tends to stick on ; )

You guys have been great thanks again josh.

Last edited by smokinbutnotbroken; 02-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Common Dodge issues?