2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ECM question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
windfreak0
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Zman. I'll also try to get the OBD codes to see if they point to anything. But not until after I get the new ig switch in.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope the ignition switch solves it. But I'd like to know if the fuel rail is indeed plastic. Can you confirm please? Thanks.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 AM
windfreak0
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the fuel rail was plastic, so I disconnected the clip that holds the fuel line to it. Turning on the old ignition switch caused fuel to flow out, so I reassembled everything.

Double checked all the fuses in the glovebox--all good. Check again the relays in the engine compartment. Lo and behold there were two tiny fuses I had missed on the relay block. ASD fuse was fried. Turns out the previous owner had put a 10 amp in a 20 amp slot. Duh. Plugged a new 20 amp in and truck fired up. That was the only thing wrong! Time to clean 'er up and get 'er on the road.

Thanks for your help.
Windfreak

Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by windfreak0
Well, the fuel rail was plastic, so I disconnected the clip that holds the fuel line to it. Turning on the old ignition switch caused fuel to flow out, so I reassembled everything.

Double checked all the fuses in the glovebox--all good. Check again the relays in the engine compartment. Lo and behold there were two tiny fuses I had missed on the relay block. ASD fuse was fried. Turns out the previous owner had put a 10 amp in a 20 amp slot. Duh. Plugged a new 20 amp in and truck fired up. That was the only thing wrong! Time to clean 'er up and get 'er on the road.

Thanks for your help.
Windfreak
Congrats, and thanks for letting us know the fix.

Quick Reply: ECM question