2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gear indicator cable broke

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 12:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

It is adjustable. Down under the steering column. Pull the knee bolster, and it should be a little white ****.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:08 PM
vince marzella
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 DODGE DODGEZILLA The cable has a square pin on the end about a 1/2” back from th

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Well today has been a rough day. Had my dash apart trying to fix something in the cluster and I pulled the cluster out too much and pulled the gear indicator off the column. Can't tell if I pulled it out or broke it. The cable is still attached to the cluster. I didn't look fast enough to see exactly where the cable attached to but I'm assuming close to shifter. Haven't been able to find much on the issue. Anyone have any advice?
1999 DODGEZILLA The speedo cable has a square pin on the end once you attach that square pin to the needle under the dash there is a round plastic barrel on that same cable that snaps into the half cut open ring and it just pushes on and snaps in place check your selector and make sure it’s in the right gearing

Old 11-23-2021, 10:54 PM
Steve Griffitt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
96 won't work. I have all the parts you need to fix it for sale in the classified section,

Attachment 42882

Attachment 42883
Estimate price have 01 ram 2nd gen need 1

Quick Reply: Gear indicator cable broke