2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Abs and brake light on! And no pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM
quadrunner01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs and brake light on! And no pedal

Hey everyone new here to the forum I have a 2001 1500 with a 5.9 with rear wheel abs I read a couple other threads about this problem but I'm not sure if anyone has actually posted a fix. See my problem is abs and brake light are always on and I have a squishy pedal, I've replaced the sensor in the rear end and my master cylinder and bleed brakes and still have the same problem someone said something about my rwal module could be bad so today I went out and pulled the cap off the valve and have fluid coming out when I push the pedal is this bad??? I'm assuming this is where I'm getting my air from and this is causing my back brakes not to work correct? If someone could help me out I'd be very happy! It's a little sketchy putting a 20 foot ski boat in the water with not all my brakes!

Old 05-13-2013, 04:49 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The brake line running along side the gas tank is most likely leaking. Only needs a pinhole. Check rear wheel cylinders also.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

And you don't need to post the same question in 3 threads...

Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 PM
quadrunner01

Ok thanks ill check them do they end up leaking? My fluid is really black and seams to have dropped a little over the past few weeks also I just checked and don't seem to hear my rear brakes working also could low rear shoes cause this or brake adjustment cause this? Thanks for the reply this is driving me xrazy

Old 05-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You shouldn't hear your brakes working unless something is wrong.

If you're losing brake you fluid you need to stop driving the truck at all until you get the problem fixed

Quick Reply: Abs and brake light on! And no pedal