2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Dodge RAM 1500 Gasping & Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 09:37 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,206 Likes on 2,958 Posts

Originally Posted by Androcules
I got the exact same problem going on. Of course my truck's got 200,000 miles on it and it's a 2000 2500 series Dodge I'm leaning towards some sort of transmission module sensor is getting overheated and causing it. Going to try and get my truck into a transmission shop Monday Tuesday and see if I can get the diagnosis but that's where I'm leaning. I mean other than that moment of bogging on the engine really seems fine IDK seems like a heat problem but not of the engine itself because I have one little difference I have to let the truck sit for 10-15 minutes before it runs perfect again which is why I'm leaning towards Heat and the transmission as the engine isn't overheating!
This thread is 11 years old.....

And your problem is NOT trans related..... You have an engine sensor that is getting hot, and failing. Hence, you need to wait for it to cool off some before it'll run right again.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge RAM 1500 Gasping & Stalling