2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel pump hose routing & repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013 | 12:11 AM
BradLittlefield
Amateur

I ended up buying that 800-121 steel connector to see if it would fix the issue. Needless to say - it did not. Still leaking from the connector. So - I decided it was the actual filter/whatever the top silver round deal is. I couldn't remove the 800-121 connector after installation. The release mechanism would slide in and click as if it was releasing, but it would not pull out. Either way - went and bought a new fuel pump assembly (got 10% off at autozone, and got it for 199.xx), reinstalled the original connector to the flexible fuel injection hose I originally had replaced, and problem solved. So - now I have a very clean tank, new fuel pump assembly, new lines. Oy. Anyway - just figured I'd throw up an update.... Not sure if anyone else has used the 800-121, but I would probably not recommend it, as it did not release for me, and you would literally have to buy a new fuel pump assembly to 'replace' the fitting, haha. Luckily - I needed it anyway, but for someone else.. that 11.xx connector can quickly turn into a $231 connector.

Old 06-03-2013 | 12:20 AM
merc225hp
Champion

Good to read you got it all done, sucks about that fitting not working for you.

Old 06-03-2013 | 06:46 AM
BradLittlefield
Amateur

No big deal -- Just wanted to give the warning that once it goes on, good luck getting it off again. Perhaps it was just mine, we'll never know.

Old 09-22-2014 | 01:22 PM
this_guy
|

Originally Posted by this_guy
Yes, it was the A connector that broke off. Below is a picture of the Doorman piece I am going to try. I have not posted an update, cause this is as far as I got. Been very busy, and everything takes twice as long without the truck. Just cant seem to get free&non-raining time to get back to it. I took off the quick connect holder from the A connector (the little plastic holder) and connected the new piece to the A connector. Snapped right on, seems correct, but I have not pressurized it yet, so I cant say one way or the other if its gonna work.

Man, has it really been over a year since I installed this thing? I guess so. Well, I finally got back to the truck. I ran it for about 30minutes yesterday and no leaks at the new fitting. My fuel sender still doesnt work, so at some point I'm gonna drop this tank again. I'll try to take better pictures then, or if it starts leaking I'll post that, but for now it seems to be a much cheaper solution than the factory fitting.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump hose routing & repair