2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PLEASE HELP 2001 Ram 1500 5.2 stalling backfiring replaced alot still problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
qspinnyj
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so here is where it stands I had my friend who is a mechanic stop over and run diagnostics on the truck motor is fine so i just wasted $400 in sensors I was told to first start by disconnecting and possibly replacing the rear o2 sensor because they are known to short and send messed up signals. We also noticed when shifting into gear or neutral it stalls instantly so he was wondering if the torque converter was junk possibly stuck in lock up was planning on replacing transmission anyway so I will update after messing with the rear O2 sensor and again after replacing the transmission

Old 05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
qspinnyj
Amateur

So it is definitely not the rear o2 sensor either I discussed it with the mechanic and we are both certain it is the torque converter stuck in lock up. I will be replacing the tranny and torque converter over the weekend I will update you all after

Old 11-30-2013, 06:32 PM
qspinnyj
Amateur

Ok so here is what happened Some how the crank sensor went bad or was bad from the start even though it tested fine. Both o2 sensors tested fine but were bad. The torque converter was completely locked up and all the electrical components in the trans were bad. It runs great except now I have a loss of power which I'm assuming is either a severe vacuum leak or the intake manifold gasket

Old 12-01-2013, 11:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Check the plenum gasket. if that is blown, chances are also good your cat is starting to clog. THAT will most certainly reduce power.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP 2001 Ram 1500 5.2 stalling backfiring replaced alot still problems