2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

small air hose looks like it was cut. please read!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any valve tapping, power loss, rough start/idle issues. It was recommended to me by a family member to just clean things up, injectors, lifters rings, combustion chamber Ect. Also said it would raise my mpg slightly. 5 bucks a can I figured I'd try it out. I hope it doesn't effect my o2 sensor and cat. We call see. I can tell it pulling harder when I put my foot down. I don't normally drive like that, but that's what it's advertised to do. See if it works. So far so good. Thanks again everyone

Old 07-04-2013, 04:32 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

Oh and zman, I replaced the plenum pan, when I pulled it off the seal was good there was nothing wrong with it. It's a ticking time bomb so I just figured get it over with while I had it off.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman17
Been hearing things through the grapevine from different mechanics saying it will ruin the cat and o2's (no matter what it says on the can). Fix your plenum and install a catch can for the pcv, and use some Techron in the gas once a month and you won't need to Seafoam.
Problem is, SeaFoam has been proven to remove excess carbon build up caused by blown plenums, and in my case cold sparkplugs. I'll have to check my records but I know my cat didn't start going south until my exhaust guy broke the honeycomb loose when installing my muffler.
And Techron sucks because the bottle is so damn small.
Originally Posted by BrandonBuc'em
I don't have any valve tapping, power loss, rough start/idle issues. It was recommended to me by a family member to just clean things up, injectors, lifters rings, combustion chamber Ect. Also said it would raise my mpg slightly. 5 bucks a can I figured I'd try it out. I hope it doesn't effect my o2 sensor and cat. We call see. I can tell it pulling harder when I put my foot down. I don't normally drive like that, but that's what it's advertised to do. See if it works. So far so good. Thanks again everyone
I use it in my oil every once in a while, been trying to use it in my 76 and I have used it to freshen up older diesel fuel. Seems to work well but I haven't noticed a benefit in the oil still have lifter tick.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:23 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Whatever bud. Good luck.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:25 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just going on my personal experience. These trucks burn so much fuel they foul up their O2 sensors anyway.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:32 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

It's cool, it's one of those products you either like or don't.

Quick Reply: small air hose looks like it was cut. please read!!