2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird A/C Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Yeah, if it has been in there a while, they grow to love the spot, and are very reluctant to come out.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:25 PM
JeremyMichael
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealers i've called around me are clueless, I give them the part number and they say it s an L valve, but neither of the check valves I have are an L. its a T and a V, with both of them having 3 openings.

And also at zman, how would replacing the check valves and PCV valve fix my clutch not engaging issue exactly? Since more of those valves have ot do with just directing the air to the vents in the truck? I am not undermining you, i'm just curious as to how that might fix it if it is the issue.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:57 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what one of the possible two check valves look like.

Name:  0034-1_zps2f5be6be.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  4.0 KB

You can see where it is located in this pix. Some trucks have two check valves I do not. Sorry no pix of the second check valve.

Name:  IMG01916_zps264df62d.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  54.7 KB

Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyMichael
The dealers i've called around me are clueless, I give them the part number and they say it s an L valve, but neither of the check valves I have are an L. its a T and a V, with both of them having 3 openings.

And also at zman, how would replacing the check valves and PCV valve fix my clutch not engaging issue exactly? Since more of those valves have ot do with just directing the air to the vents in the truck? I am not undermining you, i'm just curious as to how that might fix it if it is the issue.
I never said it would fix your clutch issue, but per your PM to me , when you state that when you get on the gas and your heat changes to defrost, that is a check valve problem, simple as that. And BTW, the "t" and the "V" are NOT the check valves.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:09 AM
JeremyMichael
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, well before I posted info to the issue of the accelerating thing, you replied to my thread in terms of changing the check valves would fix it, before I had mentioned the acceleration issue. Maybe I misunderstood, this was before the text.

The main thing I was trying to fix was the clutch. Which today I went to two different Dodge dealers to get two check valves and a pcv valve, one only had one and a pcv valve, the other had a new type of check valve that he says everyone is replacing the old cylinder ones like the picture above from the other guy. So now I have a new big check valve with a big vacuum seal lol.

I replaced both of them out, and the pcv, and topped the 134a off, still had the issue, took the clutch off, cleaned the inside of the clutch, polished off the back of the clutch to get rust off, and took off a shim, and so far so good, it has been engaging with no issue, and staying on when driving for over ten minutes =).

So I do believe my issue is fixed. Thank you all for all the helpful information.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 PM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad it seems to be resolved. Good job

Quick Reply: Weird A/C Issue?