2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best software

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:59 PM
joekool4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best software

Whats the best software to run with a generic OBD2 usb? my truck sat for a couple months because it had a busted radiator, I fixed the rad, and it was running extremely rough. the cat was clogged. now that ive put the jegs y-pipe and a new plenum in its still running really rough, so I parked figuring I cant afford gas for it anyway, but ive taken it to a couple shops that will diagnose CEL for free, I have no CEL just running rough. so they always come back with idk why its running so rough, but we cant work on it because you don't have a cat. and then they quote me 300 to put a $65 high flow cat in, then they'll be able to figure out whats wrong with it. i'd rather be able to print out all the sensors data go in and say my truck is doing this, how do I fix it, and how much will it cost......Also I start a new job on Tuesday so money to fix it will be coming in. and I don't mind paying for the software. Thanks

Also I need to know my A/F to get the ecu reflashed from the guy on here. I haven't been on here in awhile so I forget who it is, sorry, but i'll look it up and send you the info when I get it.

Last edited by joekool4; 11-01-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you replace the o2's as well?

Old 11-01-2013, 06:53 PM
joekool4
Professional

yessir.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:17 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you done a normal tune up ? Did you move the distributor when doing the plenum? You might want to do a compression test.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 PM
joekool4
Professional

Yep, I did plugs, wires, cap and rotor, I double checked that everything went back on just like it was when it came off. and thanks, i'll do a compression as soon as I can. I start a new job tomorrow, so it'll be a little bit, unfortunately. That and concourse d'elegance is this weekend. best news is that I get off earlier in the day than before. I've though about getting the top end done. cleaned up and new rings at least, possibly some headwork done but I want to make sure its running ok before I spend that kind of money on it, just to make sure its worth it. but if the compression isn't great that's a reason to get the top end done, what kind of PSI should I look/hope for?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Dodge says minimum 100 PSI, with no more than 10% difference between highest, and lowest cylinders.

Do a dry test first, then do a wet test. (feed the cylinder a teaspoonful of oil, and test it again.) If your numbers jump significantly, that means rings are going.

Quick Reply: Best software