2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which tap size are the intake bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:22 PM
James Dorman
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which tap size are the intake bolts?

I had to drill one out unfortunately, all the corner bolts were either broke off already or messed up, vise grips got 3 out though. Just wondering what size the threads are because I got the hughes bolts and not for sure what tap to use

Old 01-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably gonna have to tap it to a oversized bolt. Unless you are great with a drill and just need to touch the threads up

Old 01-19-2014, 08:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

If there is any of it left sticking out, clean out the hole it goes into really well, (around the bolt there is a recess, of sorts, it packs full of crap.) Drown it with chems, put a pair of vice grips on it as tight as you can, and try and work it back and forth a bit while tapping on the end with a hammer. Takes a bit, but, it WILL break loose, and then it comes right out.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:03 PM
James Dorman

I already drilled it out, but yeah it definitely isn't completely center. Part of the bolt is still in the whole, like eroded but I think it would work if I could just tap the same size right now...

Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM
ryan0714
Record Breaker

how are you gonna put a bolt thru the manifold and into the block if its not straight. u really should sit the manifold back on it, and take ur drill down thru the manifold hole and drill ur hole into the block, so its straight this way.

Quick Reply: Which tap size are the intake bolts?