2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parts List help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:03 AM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts List help!

Been doing some looking around. Doing some research and my old build idea us a bust. Too much $ and not really what I'm looking for.

Anyways for the heads my thoughts are these
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171027563637?nav=SEARCHThe stock but stronger replacement.
I plan on putting bigger valve springs in them but I was wondering how big of a lift I can for the cam with the heads, bigger springs, and rockers. Plus where does everyone find the 1.7 rockers. Looked on summit and jegs and can't find any?!

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2014, 10:12 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Yep, those are the ones you want. (heads)

The cam you choose needs to be able to work together with the rest of your engine. A big, lumpy, cam, with the stock kegger, is going to be a dog. So, first question is, where do you want your power band? You can have good bottom end and reasonable mid range, or, you can have reasonable mid range, and high end power, but, you aren't going to get both. Just doesn't work that way.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 AM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

Since my last thread I've thought a lot about it. I'm wanting low end torque. I'm never gona need to go fast in a truck.
For the intake matter, I'm gna keep the stock kegger and mod it. Just need help with the cam cause I'm not to familiar with cams. I want the mean agresive sound when it's idling but I'm not sure if I can get tht with stock heads.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Mutt Bryant
Professional

Eh, if you are just wanting to cam it for aggression, I'd skip over it. THey can be a plus on HP but a good exhaust mod can cover the aggressive sound without over-doing it. I may be taking your statement out of context, but then again, I may not LOL

Old 02-14-2014, 02:25 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

I already have a exhaust. I want the lope to it tho

Old 02-14-2014, 02:27 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

Also found 1.6 rockers that are AMC but I read something that they interchange. The springs still not sure. More confused. They don't really say how high of a lift. The just say lbs per in. Sooo not sure about them yet gta do more research on them yet.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:27 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1.6 is stock. get 1.7 Harland sharp rockers. Those are in my future as well. They are on summit's website, just have to search right. 1.7 is said to give you a little power boost from the guys who have them on here, also heard it gives you a slight lope at idle...that I can't be sure of. Some guys that have them will hopefully chime in.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:48 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chromed95
1.6 is stock. get 1.7 Harland sharp rockers. Those are in my future as well. They are on summit's website, just have to search right. 1.7 is said to give you a little power boost from the guys who have them on here, also heard it gives you a slight lope at idle...that I can't be sure of. Some guys that have them will hopefully chime in.
Just my two cents, 75% power garin is from removing the parasitic drag caused by the stock rockers, 25% gain is from the slight lift added by going to the higher ratio. Idk think they added any tone change to my exhaust when I installed my rr's, they do have a normal roller rocker mech sound to them though. Crane Cam's also offers/makes roller rocker kit's for these motors.

Op you need to just keep it in the Magnum motor area for parts when looking.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cs...iew/make/dodge

those are the ones for our engines

Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

Them are the same exact ones I found! Ha I didn't they would work Bc they are 5/16 and it says the studs are 3/8?

Quick Reply: Parts List help!