2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should I replace rear main seal while the pan is off

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,214 Likes on 2,965 Posts

Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter
+1 for the fishing line trick and replacing your oil pump. high volume pump could cause you problems unless you've modified your engine quite a bit and need the extra pressure, otherwise you might be finding that you have new oil leaks in new places that weren't designed for the additional pressure.
That's why you go with a high VOLUME pump, not high pressure. HV pump is good for when your clearances are starting to open up...... and pressure is lower than where you would like it to be. Simply by the virtue of stuffing more oil thru the engine, it will make up for some of those clearances, and give you a bit better pressure. Besides, there isn't anywhere that high pressure oil is going where it can spring a leak to the outside of the engine. Aside from the sending unit.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:45 PM
44dakota
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id recommend a HV melling oil pump,i just put one in mine,and im glad I done it..

Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys, I misunderstood.

Quick Reply: Should I replace rear main seal while the pan is off