2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

brake lines and shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:36 AM
BlindU
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright so i finally completed my brake overhaul. turns out, the brake booster was bad as well, so I exchanged the MC for a brand new one, bled that one properly, replaced the brake booster and brake switch, flushed everything and now HOLY CRAP my brake pedal is nice and stiff, and truck stops like a monster with no leaks or issues. I might still try to readjust the rear brakes eventually, as the parking brake doesnt hold very well, and when stopping in reverse its just meh.

i'll be doing a write up on the SS lines that I received, since the company I got em from just opened up, ill help them out and get more exposure. they told me I was the first 96 ram 1500 to buy a kit from them.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

Fine Lines has been around for quite awhile. I have seen them selling brake line kits at the annual July Carlisle, PA Chrysler event for at least the past 15 years. They will be there this year according to their show calendar:

http://www.finelinesinc.com/t/MegaMenuTopic

Old 06-02-2014, 11:41 AM
BlindU
Rookie

interesting.. i spoke with them and said they started selling SS brake lines a month or two ago. Maybe they were talking about Rams specifically.

either way, for $200, I think they are fantastic!

Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 PM
guyram
Default broken line

i have a 99 dodge ram sport 4x4 was driving and blew a line ,srays above gas tank how hard is this to fix,ty in advance for any help

Old 06-02-2014, 09:07 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 319 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by guyram
i have a 99 dodge ram sport 4x4 was driving and blew a line ,srays above gas tank how hard is this to fix,ty in advance for any help

Pretty easy. Cut the old line just in front of the fuel tank, allowing yourself some working room - pick up a new steel brake line and a union fitting - install a new threaded fitting on the old line and double flare it - snake the new line along the frame behind the fuel tank - use the union to connect the old and new pieces of brake line together - connect the other end to the differential area.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,271 Likes on 3,018 Posts

Yep. Just that easy. DO NOT use a compression fitting. Flare fittings only.

Quick Reply: brake lines and shocks