2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 Ram stalls and won't start. Strange noise.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 08:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Awesome! Let's hope that takes care of it.

We are happy to have you home.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 PM
torxdurley
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Awesome! Let's hope that takes care of it. "

I have to get back to the barn and get my 1982 3 cyl. 24hp Yanmar YM226 diesel tractor ready to pull a 6' finishing mower and a 4' Bush Hog or my neighbors will be running me out of town on a rail for ignoring the mowing, tree limb hauling and other chores Ive been ignoring since buying this old white Dodge Pickup Truck!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

I just got my Gravely running this year. (after having it for a year......) Been mowing with my John Deere 216 with a 46 inch deck..... takes forever to do three and some change acres..... generally 6 to 8 hours. Now, Mr. Gravely, on the other hand, with its monstrous 72 inch deck..... and about double the horsepower.... does it all in less than 3. And on top of that, it has a nice suspension seat, so I don't feel like I was beaten half to death when I am done mowing. Puts a smile on my face every time. It had been sitting for a few years, doing nothing before I got it, so, it had some issues..... Got most of them sorted, and am in the process of rebuilding another deck (yes, I have two..... and 3.5 tractors...... two plows, and a cab.....) as the one I am using looks like someone dragged it up from the bottom of the ocean. It is just a tad rusty, and has some pretty serious holes in it. Other deck is pretty much intact. (just somewhat disassembled at the moment....) Just waiting for another infusion of cash, so I can pick up a few more needed supplies to finish it up, (blades..... seals, and such.) then I will put that one under the tractor, and see how it goes.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:36 AM
torxdurley
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice hobbies

It's great to hear you like the tractors too! I spend a lot of time on tractorsbynet.com Its a great place to get helpful hints. Much like this site!
I have 1 Yanmar Japanese YM226 24 hp 3cyl with turf tires all the way around.
I use it with my KingCutter 72" 3 blade Finishing Mower.

I have 2 Yanmar YM1500's One is a YM1500D (D=4wd) Their both 18 hp 2cyl garden tractors. I rebuilt the 3 cyl. and one of the 2cyl. Yanmars. Yanmar is a Japanese company that patented the inline diesel engine. They built many under 25 HP John Deere tractors and engines in the land as well as Cub Cadet garden tractors. They exported tractors to China,Korea and Vietnam. So their pretty small for a 200 lbs 6' tall American. I pull my 48" Bush Hog.
Or my"middle buster" and a 4' Harrow Disc. I have a 5' road rocker plow and a 5' box blade.
All on 3.99 acres but I take care of another 4 acres of pasture and 25 acres of neighboring pine forest and open ground.
With the way my back us, I try very hard not to change implements very often! I bought my Dodge truck and rebuilt my barn, and am trying to get the $ together for a 10' boom pole.

Quick Reply: 96 Ram stalls and won't start. Strange noise.