2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 02:01 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a nice truck you got there chillyphil. im saving up the money now for the 5 inch kit. did you install the dual stabilizers at the same time you installed the lift? if not did you have any wondering or death wobble. After? also did you have to get the truck realigned?

Old 08-15-2014, 11:24 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrandonBuc'em
thats a nice truck you got there chillyphil. im saving up the money now for the 5 inch kit. did you install the dual stabilizers at the same time you installed the lift? if not did you have any wondering or death wobble. After? also did you have to get the truck realigned?
Thanks man! And no, I installed them a month or so after. I ran with no stabalizers until then. No death wobble/vibrating or anything and I tested it out at 95mph. It just jars it alittle more when you hit bumps.

And yeah I went ahead and got it realigned.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Rescue35
Professional

Originally Posted by BrandonBuc'em
http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-su...it-371-20.html
i like this kit. would i have to extend any axles? or shift linkage? break lines? im not sure how much leeway the factory gives us for lifting. thanks man

I live about 30 miles from them. They are good people and support our local 4x4 club. My plan is to use that kit and do a Shackle Flip on the rear when I lift mine.

You could always buy leafs separate. Same with the brake lines. Just buy the best of the best and you will end up ahead of the game in the long run.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

how much is an alignment these days? from what i understand its next to impossible to do in your own garage.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:43 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

Originally Posted by Rescue35
I live about 30 miles from them. They are good people and support our local 4x4 club. My plan is to use that kit and do a Shackle Flip on the rear when I lift mine.

You could always buy leafs separate. Same with the brake lines. Just buy the best of the best and you will end up ahead of the game in the long run.
yeah man thats a good idea. ill look and see what i can find. if the price is right ill pick it up.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can do your own alignment if you have some string.

Shop the going rate is 50 bucks around here

Old 08-16-2014, 02:15 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
You can do your own alignment if you have some string.

Shop the going rate is 50 bucks around here
thanks i hope its that cheap around here too, something like an alignment i wouldnt mind having it done professionally

Quick Reply: leveling kit