2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

High beam indicator stays on ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 08:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Do you high beams come on together? Do the low beams? It's possible one bulb is correct, and the other is not. It's also possible you have a bad bulb.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:17 AM
Markcorb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do you high beams come on together? Do the low beams? It's possible one bulb is correct, and the other is not. It's also possible you have a bad bulb.
the high beams do not come on at all. When I switch to high beams there’s a quick flicker like they do switch but the brightness doesn’t change and the half of the bulb that is supposed to light up for high beams do not come on on either bulb. I don’t think the wiring for the bulb connector on one side of the harness is opposite than the other for the headlights, so I don’t think one is correct and one is not. But I could be wrong. I just ordered more expensive bulbs that come with a canbus built in, just to see if maybe the bulbs themselves were the problems. I’ll update when they come in and are installed.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:04 PM
Markcorb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Markcorb
the high beams do not come on at all. When I switch to high beams there’s a quick flicker like they do switch but the brightness doesn’t change and the half of the bulb that is supposed to light up for high beams do not come on on either bulb. I don’t think the wiring for the bulb connector on one side of the harness is opposite than the other for the headlights, so I don’t think one is correct and one is not. But I could be wrong. I just ordered more expensive bulbs that come with a canbus built in, just to see if maybe the bulbs themselves were the problems. I’ll update when they come in and are installed.
changed the bulbs with ones that have a canbus built in and it fixed it. Finally! Turns out if you want to run leds in a second gen dodge chances are if they are cheap bulbs or don’t have canbus built into the bulb you will get this problem.

Quick Reply: High beam indicator stays on ?