2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT V10, Production numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

Well it's real easy to look up stuff from 40 years ago. Newer stuff is harder. Mark W has plenty of stuff on his plate so i can see why he deleted you. There are a lot of places to look up old vehicles. I guess the only way to get anything out of Chrysler is to physically go there and talk to someone. It takes research and they just don't want to do it. I have a 96 indy ram that had a seat cushion in it from the Indy 500 track when i bought it. There where like 200 of them used at the race back in 96. I would like to know if mine is one of them but unable to find any info on the vin#'s of the trucks that where there. So i feel your pain in trying to find info.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Rt66outlaw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually Mark Worman when he first started his page, was pretty down to earth guy.. Had several conversations with him. Some times people change after they get some celebrity status. Look at Gas Monkey garage, or Orange county choppers. And yes, I know he is a busy guy, and probably has an over whelming amount of E-mails. That's just weird how it so hard to find out production numbers. You would think in the Computer age it would be even easier. Thank's For your info...

Old 12-11-2016, 07:10 PM
PLMCRZY
Default 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 V10/Flame Red global production numbers

Originally Posted by Rt66outlaw
I am having a difficult time, getting any info from Chrysler Dodge, No one can seem to help me out. I have a 1994 Dodge Ram V10, 5 speed, Dana 80 rear, 2 WD .I was told when I bought the truck that this was a rare combination in 1994. Less than 500 made.. can somebody please let me know How I can find out the actual production numbers? I have contacted the original dealer, Chrysler, Dodge, and nobody can be bothered to help me out. Thank's Larry
Larry,
I can help you out. Numbers are VERY low on this combo. 19 - 2WD w/V10 in all Flame Red. There were 3 Flame Red/Black two tone 2WD/Manuals not included in this total.

PLMCRZY@usa.net

-=PLMCRZY=-

Last edited by PLMCRZY; 11-02-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Chart error
Old 10-26-2019, 12:14 AM
John Grabill
Default I have one in metallic blue.

Originally Posted by Rt66outlaw
I am having a difficult time, getting any info from Chrysler Dodge, No one can seem to help me out. I have a 1994 Dodge Ram V10, 5 speed, Dana 80 rear, 2 WD .I was told when I bought the truck that this was a rare combination in 1994. Less than 500 made.. can somebody please let me know How I can find out the actual production numbers? I have contacted the original dealer, Chrysler, Dodge, and nobody can be bothered to help me out. Thank's Larry

I was told this is a very rare truck less than 500 made.

Original Bill of Sale.
I ordered mine new in the first part of the model. When the truck did not come in in a timely manner I began bugging the the dealer for my truck. I had paid several thousand dollars down on it. It was my college graduation present to myself. The dealer finally sent me to the factory rep. after several more weeks had passed. They told me that even though it was an option in the book they could not build the truck as ordered. So I kept calling up the chain of command. It was getting close to the end of production for th 94 model when I got in touch with the production manager in the truck division. He told me they could not put the V10 standard shift in the HD 2500 because the back of the transmisson would not match to the Dana 70 in the 2500. He said if I would wait a couple of weeks he could do it in the 95's (the new model year). I threw a fit. I told him they are doing it in ton truck every day and since they had my money for months and I graduated in 94 I wanted what I paid for. He ask if he could check on something and call me back in a couple of days. When he called back he told me he was going to build my truck but it would come with a Dana 80 series rear end. He told me that it was the only one of it's kind. So I don't know how many were built before they shut down 1994 production but there could not have been many.

Last edited by John Grabill; 10-26-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:09 AM
PLMCRZY

Originally Posted by John Grabill
I ordered mine new in the first part of the model. When the truck did not come in in a timely manner I began bugging the the dealer for my truck. I had paid several thousand dollars down on it. It was my college graduation present to myself. The dealer finally sent me to the factory rep. after several more weeks had passed. They told me that even though it was an option in the book they could not build the truck as ordered. So I kept calling up the chain of command. It was getting close to the end of production for th 94 model when I got in touch with the production manager in the truck division. He told me they could not put the V10 standard shift in the HD 2500 because the back of the transmisson would not match to the Dana 70 in the 2500. He said if I would wait a couple of weeks he could do it in the 95's (the new model year). I threw a fit. I told him they are doing it in ton truck every day and since they had my money for months and I graduated in 94 I wanted what I paid for. He ask if he could check on something and call me back in a couple of days. When he called back he told me he was going to build my truck but it would come with a Dana 80 series rear end. He told me that it was the only one of it's kind. So I don't know how many were built before they shut down 1994 production but there could not have been many.
I'll help answer this. I should have posted this chart to start with. I also see I was slightly off on my original flame red chart (original chart has been corrected)
Low numbers for sure.

-=PLMCRZY=-

Last edited by PLMCRZY; 11-02-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT V10, Production numbers?