2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sudden drop in Gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 10:14 AM
dannybye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks "Hey You" I would have been looking forever except I all ready had read one time that there was only one in a 1995 truck. Of course I needed this verified because you can't always believe what you read online.

Watched a six part video last night by Matt Payne on how he replaced his gasket with the Hughes kit. Excellent series of videos

If I ultimately need to tackle this job even tough I am very much a half blind old guy amateur wrench turner .. This vid is perfect. Just need to take the time and that I generally do have.

I'll post later on any results that I come up with .. it's so frickin hot here .. finding it hard to make my self do anything outside.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:20 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

Where's "here"?

I went down to a members house in Mississippi to help him with his plenum. High 80's, low 90's most days, and high humidity....... merely stepping outside I broke into a sweat. Was a fun week though. Just took my time, worked a few hours a day at it.

I had suggested that it would be cheaper for him to fly me down to do the job, than it would be to have a shop do it. Much to my surprise, he took me up on it. LOLOL. Discovered that I am still not a fan of flying, when someone I don't know is at the controls. But, all in all, it was a rather enjoyable 'working' vacation.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:22 PM
dannybye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is in Pensacola Fl. Currently at my home 97 and feels like 117! Way hotter than it normally is in the 24 I've been here.

Anyway got my O2 sensor in yesterday. Not easy but it came out. Reset the PCM and will now see if the EGR solenoid circuit fault returns. Played with those connections this morning. Can't see anything wrong but we'll see.

As for gas mileage and running I'll report back later. Running down the road ... so far seems to be better.

Now on to my latest problem noticed first time yesterday speedo jumping on me for the first time. Time to the research on that. LOL

Thanks for the help and encouragement to all.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,212 Likes on 2,963 Posts

VSS, it's on the tailhousing of the trans/t-case. (depending on 2 or 4 wed.)

Quick Reply: Sudden drop in Gas mileage