2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What Valve Seals, Springs and Pushrods to Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:12 PM
dodgefan99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Valve Seals, Springs and Pushrods to Buy?

So I'm looking at doing pushrods because I've got a couple bent ones and I was going to get valve springs and seals and put them in at the same time. I think I'm going to have to go with CompCams pushrods because they're the only ones I've found. Still looking for springs and seals. I found some Mopar Performance stuff but I have no idea if it fits and the seals say you have to machine the top of the valve guide. Do I have to do this?

Also if you know the size of the valve springs can you tell me. I can't really figure out what springs I need. I want bigger better ones for when I put a different cam in it. Also can you tell me which one of the CompCams pushrods I should go with or if I should go with a different brand. I want to go as much Mopar Performance stuff as possible so if your suggesting different parts if Mopar makes something I'd prefer that. I want beefy parts so if theres a dual versions of the springs I listed that'd be great.

I don't even know if any of these are the right parts so if you could confirm or point me in the right direction that'd be awesome.

Thanks

Mopar Perf Valve Seals

Mopar Perf Valve Springs

Pushrods

Old 12-29-2015, 09:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Call the dealership, and verify part numbers.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:57 AM
dodgefan99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Call the dealership, and verify part numbers.
The dealer can on Mopar Performance parts?

Old 12-30-2015, 09:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Mopar=Chrysler.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgefan99
So I'm looking at doing pushrods because I've got a couple bent ones and I was going to get valve springs and seals and put them in at the same time. I think I'm going to have to go with CompCams pushrods because they're the only ones I've found. Still looking for springs and seals. I found some Mopar Performance stuff but I have no idea if it fits and the seals say you have to machine the top of the valve guide. Do I have to do this?

Also if you know the size of the valve springs can you tell me. I can't really figure out what springs I need. I want bigger better ones for when I put a different cam in it. Also can you tell me which one of the CompCams pushrods I should go with or if I should go with a different brand. I want to go as much Mopar Performance stuff as possible so if your suggesting different parts if Mopar makes something I'd prefer that. I want beefy parts so if theres a dual versions of the springs I listed that'd be great.

I don't even know if any of these are the right parts so if you could confirm or point me in the right direction that'd be awesome.

Thanks

Mopar Perf Valve Seals

Mopar Perf Valve Springs

Pushrods
You will need different retainers with those springs

Old 01-01-2016, 09:03 PM
94Beater
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try these guys
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/index.php
I've used all their parts during my rebuilt - pretty decent stuff

Quick Reply: What Valve Seals, Springs and Pushrods to Buy?