2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

parasitic draw and P01765 and P0753 codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 09:23 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bunker
The drain is there with the jumper or relay in or out.. don't matter. and the relay. the jumper has nothing to do with the drain. because with the relay in it still drains the battery.
But not long ago:

doing amp draw test, with the tranny relay in theres no drain. with relay jumped get 1.2 amp draw.
We can't know what's happening because you're giving us contradictory information, so we can't help you troubleshoot because you've denied us the power of logic.

I've seen this kind of thing countless times, and the only approach that works reliably is to throw away every last bit of the collected data and start over from zero at symptom discovery. Any other approach is just an expression of an unpleasant emotional state.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 PM
bunker
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets make this easer

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Same here. So close, and yet so far. We've got everything but the connection between the brains and the fingers, so we might as well think about puffy white clouds as about fixing some guy's truck. I'm not faulting the guy with the broken truck for being unable to discern which troubleshooting approach is valid and which is just pointless frobbing of the thing, not at all. If he could know that he wouldn't need to ask for help in the first place. It's just the nature of the situation.
tell me what color wires are coming out from behind the transmission fuse under the hood. where do they go and what colors are they. From the pcm to the computer to the tranny? that's where the short is.

and stopped the belt from squealing to! sounds nice when its quite!!

Old 05-04-2016, 09:31 PM
bunker
Professional
Default where ll korn fused i guess

But not long ago:

We can't know what's happening because you're giving us contradictory information, so we can't help you troubleshoot because you've denied us the power of logic.

I've seen this kind of thing countless times, and the only approach that works reliably is to throw away every last bit of the collected data and start over from zero at symptom discovery. Any other approach is just an expression of an unpleasant emotional state.

im even confused now. but now I think where on the right track. forget the relays and jumpers and code faults.... get them out of your mind. think between the tranny fuse and where it goes that's the battery drain. and I have a feeling when I find the battery drain I also find the code problems.......that's why I ask you to read the wiring diagram for me.... don't give up where close to solving this crap.

Last edited by bunker; 05-04-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:01 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

think between the tranny fuse and where it goes that's the battery drain.
Nope, doan wanna, not gonna. Ain't nobody got time for dat. But I do (very sincerely) wish you the very best of luck in your quest!

Old 05-04-2016, 11:12 PM
bunker
Professional
Default think ill start over and simplify it a tad

Nope, doan wanna, not gonna. Ain't nobody got time for dat. But I do (very sincerely) wish you the very best of luck in your quest!
going to make it easer ill repost the problem. thanks for your help

Old 05-04-2016, 11:35 PM
bunker
Professional

ok im going to close this post and reopen another one that I hope is to the point and much easer. that's to all who tried to help. I was trying to cram 3 different problems into one post. I guess that's a no go.I should have known being a car guy from before the model T oh well im starting from scratch like URU suggest. again thanks all who tried to help. see ya on the flip side

Old 05-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Bunker, just so I'm on the right path, I get the impression that you sometimes say PCM when you mean PDC. As near as I can tell, looking closely at your voltage checks, there is some kind of weird connection between the ASD Relay pin 87 (Ignition Coil) and the TRANSMISSION Relay pin 87, because of that weird voltage (shorted wire under the PDC or in the harness?). Also what is the fuse # of the transmission fuse? And in your video, you mentioned a fuse in the JUNCTION BLOCK on the side of the dash, but couldn't remember which one it was.
I don't have a '99 manual yet, but I do have a '98 and '01. I'm still looking...I know you're frustrated chasing wires without a schematic. If I find an online manual to download, I will send you the link.

Quick Reply: parasitic draw and P01765 and P0753 codes