2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help with 1999 Ram 1500 no reverse or 3rd gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbd1
Thread hijack alert!

If a person were to put a temp sensor in the trans using a pressure port, which one would they use?
I don't think any of them have flow all the time.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:17 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, see, that's what I thought. But it was a suggested spot to put a temp gauge.

Thanks

Old 08-09-2016, 08:12 PM
joeleerj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GETTING BACK ON TRACK!!

I dropped the pan today, the trans fluid looked like a slurry, found a couple pieces of metal in the bottom and the magnet was covered with shavings. This rebuild is just over a month old, but, lt looks like another is in order.. D@mn..

Old 08-09-2016, 08:49 PM
kaspbrochill

How does your rear servo look??

The MOST common reason for lose of reverse is a broken rear servo + spring's OR the factory servo's are notorious for getting **** eyed in the servo bore due to worn seal's and that will cause reverse to go out the window too.

In my 46re I went to do a simple filter/gasket/ B&M drop pan + glowshift trans. temp sensor install and came across a ridiculously cracked rear servo, spring's in multiple pieces...I still had reverse but had been noticing a clunk when I put it into gear + with the mileage on my 5.9L Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, I bite the bullet and completely rebuild the case with all after market shift technologies/ Sonnax billet alum. HD servo's; HD Borg. Governor Pressure sensor regulator; Mopar gov. pres. sensor; HD solenoid plate; Transgo Diesel shift kit (with some custom porting) HD spring's everywhere; aftermarket pres. regulator valve, neutral safety switch, rebuild and swapped in a slec-trac 242 transfer case until I rebuild/ stroke my motor to a 6.7 410cu big block and swap in a Ram manual trans. then reinstall my rebuild AWD 249 tcase so I can launch the **** out of it without having to worry about the torque converter.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:11 PM
joeleerj

The servo didn't appear to have anything wrong, but I really didn't examine it all the well. Will a cocked servo cause me to loose 3rd and reverse?

Quick Reply: Need Help with 1999 Ram 1500 no reverse or 3rd gear