2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What does a header job require?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 07:12 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brian102
ever notice how when vehicles became computer controlled the warranty's got longer and longer, more inclusive?
The warranties got longer because of fuel injection alone. Fuel injection keeps us from dumping gasoline into the crankcase during startup and at shutdown, which is all it takes to get from four years of warranty to ten years.

"Torque management" is the result of planting a passenger car transmission into a light truck application. In old trucks like ours, if you don't upgrade the transmission before removing the torque management you end up living with the [blanking] you get for the [blanking] you got.

I upped the capacity of mine, so up yours! (That was almost funny forty years ago. But disco was happenin' then, too, so clearly the world was bats-hit insane at the time.)

Oh, almost forgot about the OP: If "pretty loud" ain't enough, poke your eardrums good and hard with a cotton swab before driving the thing. Do that consistently and you'll never again be concerned about the noise your truck ain't making.

Last edited by UnregisteredUser; 05-06-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:24 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
The warranties got longer because of fuel injection alone. Fuel injection keeps us from dumping gasoline into the crankcase during startup and at shutdown, which is all it takes to get from four years of warranty to ten years.

"Torque management" is the result of planting a passenger car transmission into a light truck application. In old trucks like ours, if you don't upgrade the transmission before removing the torque management you end up living with the [blanking] you get for the [blanking] you got.

I upped the capacity of mine, so up yours! (That was almost funny forty years ago. But disco was happenin' then, too, so clearly the world was bats-hit insane at the time.)

Oh, almost forgot about the OP: If "pretty loud" ain't enough, poke your eardrums good and hard with a cotton swab before driving the thing. Do that consistently and you'll never again be concerned about the noise your truck ain't making.
You know you have gotten 'old' when you actually appreciate a quiet exhaust.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Funny you mention that. The exhaust is about done on my truck and I'm looking to replace it with something quiet but still make decent power. Stealth mode is preferred at my age.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:55 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

In that case I got old while still quite young.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
In that case I got old while still quite young.
Yeah, that's what ya say NOW.........

Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Yeah, that's what ya say NOW.........
True. I didn't call it being old when I was a child with hearing damage and tinnitus.