2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 sensor, truck side harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:40 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Yeah, its not the muddy feet thing being the issue - laying in it isn't anyone's favorite time. Usually take a small tarp with me, and been lucky - there was a full sheet of plywood sitting nearby - that makes it way easier,
But if its standing water, I'm not doing it. I gotta draw a line somewhere

I think I can make my own bracket from the picture - I'm pretty good at bending sheet steel, just need to figure out where to attach it to the trans. It looks like 18 gauge, I should have a piece of that laying around looking for a job.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Yeah, its not the muddy feet thing being the issue - laying in it isn't anyone's favorite time. Usually take a small tarp with me, and been lucky - there was a full sheet of plywood sitting nearby - that makes it way easier,

I think I can make my own bracket from the picture - I'm pretty good at bending sheet steel, just need to figure out where to attach it to the trans. It looks like 18 gauge, I should have a piece of that laying around looking for a job.
You won't want to also go swimming while working on your truck? Where's your sense of ADVENTURE!

In all reality, if there is something convenient to zip-tie the harness to, to keep it out of harms way, that would be adequate to the task.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:26 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx

Give me a few to look at mine

Old 09-15-2018, 04:37 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You won't want to also go swimming while working on your truck? Where's your sense of ADVENTURE!

In all reality, if there is something convenient to zip-tie the harness to, to keep it out of harms way, that would be adequate to the task.
Meh, that is what the PO must have thought... in theory maybe, but in application, fail. There is really nothing to hook to, without some sort of bracket.

This was about all the adventure I signed up for today... In and out of the jyard in 40 minutes - that should take care of the PO just ripping off the vent actuator...

They didn't have anything accessible that still had a trans in it, so I was out of luck with getting my hands on a bracket today.

Quick Reply: 02 sensor, truck side harness