2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

good water pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 06:53 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramman18
You mean it's 3" more than the other tube? They do stick out a few inches normally but can easily bend being so soft. I guess you have to at least try it to see if any leak will occur. Otherwise you'd have to add the core job to your 'free time.'

When I did my core this spring, the hoses had completely fused to the tubes and I had to cut the tubes from behind the dash. Not fun. Then I removed the old pieces. But I hate trying to work back at the firewall. Such a pain.
Yeah, it sticks out about 3 inches, maybe a 1/2-3/4 inch more than the other one.
Originally Posted by Spillage
Hoses like that I usually cut off just beyond the tube, then spilt it lengthwise (utility knife), and peal the rubber away from the tube.
Then it’s just a matter of cleaning what’s left off the tube ready for the new hose.
Yeah I usually do as well, but when you're in a hurry, bad choices can be made.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:41 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an update. Water pump is working like a champ. Heater core took a hike this morning and is leaking onto my floor. I dodged a bullet for a couple weeks, but now I get to replace it. Should be fun tearing the dash out.

Quick Reply: good water pumps?