2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Abs and brake light!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Anthony14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with new wheel speed sensors, brake light switch, wheel hubs and all new brakes the light on dash now turn off until I start rolling. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? If the abs module is bad wouldn’t the lights stay on? If you think bleeding the brakes will help I will try that next. This is an annoying issue I would like to fix it due to the fact I haul landscape trailers and plow with this truck.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Anthony14

Also I forgot to add the speedometer works fine. But I do not have cruise control.... the blower motor works okay also that’s why I am stumped. The grounds G100 under the battery tray I cut and made new connections so that’s not the problem either....

Old 12-09-2018, 08:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Need to plug in, read codes, and see what the system is whining about.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:12 AM
Anthony14
Default Brake light

ok yet here is another problem.... turns out the brake light and abs light were on due to bad abs module... now for the tricky part.... this is a 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 with a dump bed.... keep that in mind. All new lights on the rear and wires. When the brake is applied it lights up my amber turn signals.... this is where knowing that it is a dump bed comes in play. I have two red brake, running lights, I have two amber turn signal only lights.... here is what I have done, I disconnected the main harness under driver wheel well leading to back lights. I then found what wire is the turn signal x2, then found the brake wire. With it disconnected and brake applied I have power to all 3 prongs, so that rules out everything (from connector to rear). Then I replaced turn signal switch, and brake switch. I jumped the brake switch thinking that’s the cause(still have power to the two turn signal wires).... it is not, I spliced into turn signal wire 2’ down from Colum and it did not have power when brakes are applied. Which is good , but now I’m stumped it has to be from under the dash to the connector in wheel well.....???? Anyone ever have such a strange issue...??? As I stated above the brake switch is new the turn signa assembly is new and the abs mod is new, also I forgot to state I disconnected the trailer brake harness and that didn’t fix the issue either....

Old 07-14-2019, 09:17 PM
4wdjesse

I had the same problem with my 99 3500. I refer you to Module Masters. I took the top electrical part (three connectors and 4 screws) off the ABS Module and sent it to them.They have a step by step procedure to follow and I had it sent back good as new. This worked great. I too,was at a loss. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Abs and brake light!!!