2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Potential Truck

Old 12-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Yeah, only for another month. Strong rumors are that the 19s will no longer option the manual with the low output cummins. It's been dead for a long time. Try finding one anywhere.
I have never seen diesels go down in price. Every year I live, they hold or go up. When new ones are 60k plus, they can easily charge 25k for something old with 250k on it because of perceived value. If I had a time machine, I would have sprung for a cummins back when they were just a few grand more than mine. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I have resigned the fact that I will never own one. Who the hell can? Even if they are in the 15k range, I would need a loan and no bank loans on a vehicle more than ten years old. Who has 15k cash just lying around??? No, I thought about it for years and have been searching since about 03. Just can never justify or afford it. So I bought a 2019 Harley instead and will keep my truck forever. Or until the government bans them.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:06 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Yeah, only for another month. Strong rumors are that the 19s will no longer option the manual with the low output cummins. It's been dead for a long time. Try finding one anywhere.
I have never seen diesels go down in price. Every year I live, they hold or go up. When new ones are 60k plus, they can easily charge 25k for something old with 250k on it because of perceived value. If I had a time machine, I would have sprung for a cummins back when they were just a few grand more than mine. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I have resigned the fact that I will never own one. Who the hell can? Even if they are in the 15k range, I would need a loan and no bank loans on a vehicle more than ten years old. Who has 15k cash just lying around??? No, I thought about it for years and have been searching since about 03. Just can never justify or afford it. So I bought a 2019 Harley instead and will keep my truck forever. Or until the government bans them.
You can't get gassers for about $1500-$3000 and a commins for about $1500-$5000. I owned 4 Cummins and paid less then $1000 for all of them combined

Old 12-08-2018, 12:44 AM
Ramman18
Champion

You're right, you can't.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:50 AM
Jaw91097
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, I talked the guy down to $4,000. Gonna go see/most likely get it on Tuesday. But sh*t if I can go to Seattle and sell it for twice that then I'm taking a nice vacation lol. I could buy another one here for about 5-6k same condition. I just have one main question, am I able to use this second gen forum for cummins help or is there another "dodgeforum" that I should look at? I love this forum, its always helped me, and never let me down.
Can't wait to be apart of the Dodge family again

Old 12-08-2018, 02:54 AM
Jaw91097
Veteran

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
You are f*cking with me, 20K! What are you guys smoking out there lol, but I thought Dodge still made sticks?
Where its legal, they do it right. I'll be in Maine next spring to try that sh*t out myself lol

Old 12-08-2018, 08:32 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaw91097
So, I talked the guy down to $4,000. Gonna go see/most likely get it on Tuesday. But sh*t if I can go to Seattle and sell it for twice that then I'm taking a nice vacation lol. I could buy another one here for about 5-6k same condition. I just have one main question, am I able to use this second gen forum for cummins help or is there another "dodgeforum" that I should look at? I love this forum, its always helped me, and never let me down.
Can't wait to be apart of the Dodge family again
Do your own research, the posts on this thread are incorrect ! The 5k truck you're looking at is COMPLETELY rotted out - doors, fenders, bed, rockers, and you can bet the floor is crusty. The stuff out west isn't rusty at all. I think there is zero chance you could sell that truck for more than you paid out there, in fact I bet you couldn't even sell that rusted out truck out there - its probably deemed pure junk out there... and probably nothing more than a parts truck in OH. Example: Here is a 12v for $6700, with less than 160k miles and solid body. Also remember, those prices are all the advertised prices - not the sell price.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...767430239.html

Old 12-08-2018, 08:36 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
You're right, you can't.
This dang phone. I don't know why our trucks are so cheap and yours is so expensive. How about we start a business together I'll buy them here and ship them to you where you'll sell it and we'll split the money

Last edited by MoparFanatic21; 12-08-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Ever hear of uship? I got my Indy ram through them because it was three states away and i didn't feel like driving there to pick it up. You probably can find a shipper that deals in storage containers that's another way to ship vehicles.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Jaw91097
Veteran

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Do your own research, the posts on this thread are incorrect ! The 5k truck you're looking at is COMPLETELY rotted out - doors, fenders, bed, rockers, and you can bet the floor is crusty. The stuff out west isn't rusty at all. I think there is zero chance you could sell that truck for more than you paid out there, in fact I bet you couldn't even sell that rusted out truck out there - its probably deemed pure junk out there... and probably nothing more than a parts truck in OH. Example: Here is a 12v for $6700, with less than 160k miles and solid body. Also remember, those prices are all the advertised prices - not the sell price.

It was more of a joke, I'm not going out west any time soon lol, and rust doesn't really phase me, its just body work. If the frame is solid/no rust holes, I'll be okay with it. Either way, around here, $4,000 for a Cummins is rare, especially under 300k miles. I'll update this when I go look at it. If the floor pans are completely gone then I'll pass on it though, doesn't look like those are that bad though.

Now thats some rust to be scared of out here

Last edited by Jaw91097; 12-08-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Ramman18
Champion

Originally Posted by fj5gtx

Before you judge us all wrong who actually live here for the past 18 years, know that there is rust here: it's called rain and the Pacific ocean's salty air. Another factor is everything out west gets used HARD. Every truck is lifted, tuned, piped, off-roaded, and been towing for all of it's 250k life over steep mountains. Trucks out here are BEAT UP. They may not have all the rusted panels you have from road salt, but they don't all live in a garage either. It is very hard to find anything that's stock or clean. And that's why every single one for sale is way too high. There's been a truck bubble since 2000. And you chose the worst cummins ad link to make your point. No paint? A paint job is 4-6k. Add that to the price and now you're well over it's value. Stay on the east coast, please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Potential Truck