2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

horn pad

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
heymccall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: horn pad

Try grounding the steering column from the metal tube to the steel dash frame. My 94's and 95's use a stupid metal clip to convey ground from the column to the dash. It (the clip) surrounds the right hand column to dash nut and stud where the column can slide in event of a collision. There is also a plastic spacer in there. You have to remove the knee brace plastic to see it. There is one stud on each side of the column.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: horn pad

ORIGINAL: mattyge

i hear ya i have exactly the same problem, what i did was buy some airhorns hook them up ran the wire to the overhead console and mounted a ford power window switch that i got at the surplus store so i goes off automatically sounds awesome but i dunno if that would pass a safety or not, i plan on running my truck into the ground so i don't need another saftey
That's pretty much what I did except I mounted a horn buton right on top of my steering collum. Works like a champ.

Quick Reply: horn pad