2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 09:05 PM
cegulley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, your knowledge amazes me. I had not even mentioned the misfire situation I have been having since rebuilding the engine. I was thinking it was a ground wire issue and would get to it soon enough.
After researching the misfire and stutter at 45 mph I ran across the TSB which discusses routing of spark plug wires. So I went and looked....Yep they were all crossed up and touching each other. I rerouted the even numbers (because most misfires were No. 8) and started her up. NO MISFIRES at idle.
It got dark so I will have to wait and test drive tomorrow.

Another issue though. As I was rerouting the spark plug wires I had to move and manhandle some of the vacuum lines. Now I have a green vacuum line going down the back side of the engine (maybe to the transmission) but cant seem to find where it connects up top. Any suggestions?

Clark

Old 05-18-2019, 02:18 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by cegulley
Again, your knowledge amazes me. I had not even mentioned the misfire situation I have been having since rebuilding the engine. I was thinking it was a ground wire issue and would get to it soon enough.
After researching the misfire and stutter at 45 mph I ran across the TSB which discusses routing of spark plug wires. So I went and looked....Yep they were all crossed up and touching each other. I rerouted the even numbers (because most misfires were No. 8) and started her up. NO MISFIRES at idle.
It got dark so I will have to wait and test drive tomorrow.

Another issue though. As I was rerouting the spark plug wires I had to move and manhandle some of the vacuum lines. Now I have a green vacuum line going down the back side of the engine (maybe to the transmission) but cant seem to find where it connects up top. Any suggestions?

Clark
Green Vacuum Hose is a vent for the transfer case. Should have a plastic circle in the end if it

Quick Reply: New Member