2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash Removal Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Hammer12
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash Removal Help

Hi Guys - I'm working through swapping out the dash pad, lower plastic dash sub frame, heater core and a couple other items on my 99 Ram. I have the entire dash assembly ready to separate form the truck, but for the life of me I can figure out how to unhook the three connectors that attach to the back of the fuse panel by the drivers left knee-board (Picture borrowed from Geno's garage). What am I missing here?

Old 11-29-2019, 05:49 PM
true blue
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I removed the fuse panel as an assembly, still attached to the harness, although I don't remember where all the screws were.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

There should be locking tabs you need to press down, or some such, on the connectors. Might need a mirror and flashlight to see 'em.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:59 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

The push tabs are on the other end of the connectors in the pictures

Old 11-30-2019, 11:36 PM
Hammer12

Thanks for the help guys. I was finally able to get everything out and swapped over. Excited for the crack free dash. The only problem I am running into is that the lower dash sub frame I got from the salvage yard doesn't seem to have the mounting points for the passenger airbag disable switch. Going to have to figure out how to fab up some type of mounting bracket for it.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:05 PM
delorean175
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer12
Hi Guys - I'm working through swapping out the dash pad, lower plastic dash sub frame, heater core and a couple other items on my 99 Ram.
Hammer12, where did you find the plastic sub frame? Mine is disintegrating badly. My climate controls and headlight switch are only held in place by the bezel that's barely attached. The dash pad and bezel are easy to find replacements of but the plastic frame not so much luck. The trucks at the junkyard in Washington had broken sub frames, I live in Texas now. I expect they would be completely destroyed. haha

Last edited by delorean175; 08-06-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:38 PM
J D GA
Rookie
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I believe you got lucky

Yeh Yeh Yeh. I know: old post.

Originally Posted by Hammer12
...Excited for the crack free dash. The only problem I am running into is that the lower dash sub frame I got from the salvage yard.....
That thing looks practically new. How's it doing nowadays? Got the airbag switch mounted?

Old 09-26-2021, 12:58 PM
Hammer12

Sorry for the slow reply. I was lucky enough to find a full dash in a 1999 that was located in a salvage yard in Minneapolis. I had to buy the entire dash ( metal frame, plastic subframe, dash top, etc.). The metal subframe was a rusty mess and the dash top was very cracked but the plastic subframe was in great shape. I was able to pick the best parts of both dashes and combine them with the new dash top I ordered. Seems like most of the trucks in the upper Midwest are rust buckets but their interior is in great shape -the opposite situation from where I picked up my truck in Georgia.

The following users liked this post:
J D GA (09-27-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Hammer12

Originally Posted by J D GA
Yeh Yeh Yeh. I know: old post.

That thing looks practically new. How's it doing nowadays? Got the airbag switch mounted?
So far it still looks new. I had to get creative with JB weld to get the airbag switch mounted, but it has held up for now. I think next on the agenda for the interior is the headliner.

Quick Reply: Dash Removal Help