2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Desperate help needed. Still shift solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 03:46 PM
LunaEros
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. When I lost first and OD earlier in the year and I tried the test the trans started working when I put it back on. I can't remember if it worked during the whole test drive or not when the plug was disconnected. I'm pretty sure it was throwing more than these two codes before then though. Unfortunately I don't have the time to get back under and test it with it off until Wednesday or Thursday. This whole situation sucks because it's my only transportation and IDK how long it will take for me to fix it even if I can fix it and I am likely to be offered a new job after the beginning of the year that pays more but now I won't have a way to get there. If I had the money I'd just have someplace rebuild it or even put a used one in if one could be found.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:59 PM
LunaEros

Ok. So if it is the solenoids keeping it from going into gear then doing the test where I disconnect that 8? pin plug should bypass it and it should move again?

Old 12-16-2019, 04:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,296 Likes on 3,042 Posts

Correct. If the trans still doesn't have any gears with it unplugged, it's time for a rebuild.

Old 12-16-2019, 04:39 PM
LunaEros

****! Guess I can kiss that other job goodbye then.

Old 12-16-2019, 05:21 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't know what climate you live in, but.......cab, bus, bicycle, walk, cheap moped or motorcycle

Old 12-16-2019, 05:30 PM
LunaEros

It was gonna take me a few weeks to get the solenoids as it was. Can't afford anything else and with how far it is and 12 hour shifts it's too far to walk and it's two lane roads with ditches on each side so bikes are out too. Such is my life.

Quick Reply: Desperate help needed. Still shift solenoid?