2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.2 Magnum build help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 08:42 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I've been doin' this kind of thing for WAY to long......... At last the nightmares have stopped....... Last night, I had dreams of being crushed by falling tree limbs..... Might have had something to do with 12 hours cutting BIG trees on Saturday. (no buildings or people were harmed in that exercise, though one guy DID try and impale me with a limb...... sometimes, I can STILL move quickly. )
Oh I have memories of that. Both my house and my father's heat it with wood. So we log during the summer. I fell one time 20 feet right on my back thought I was dead

Old 06-08-2020, 08:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Oh I have memories of that. Both my house and my father's heat it with wood. So we log during the summer. I fell one time 20 feet right on my back thought I was dead
I manage the ground crew, slinging ropes and such. I have climbed ONCE, and hated it. I am TERRIFIED of heights.......

Old 06-08-2020, 08:46 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

I manage the ground crew, slinging ropes and such. I have climbed ONCE, and hated it. I am TERRIFIED of heights.......
I don't like heights but I didn't want my dad doing it although he could do it better . I sometimes second guess things like my cam now I wonder if I made the right choice. That happened in a tree and my dad said "The only safety gear you need is you and your brain." Well I fell

Old 06-08-2020, 08:48 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I don't like heights but I didn't want my dad doing it although he could do it better . I sometimes second guess things like my cam now I wonder if I made the right choice. That happened in a tree and my dad said "The only safety gear you need is you and your brain." Well I fell
Run your cam for a while, and see what ya think. Want more bottom end? Change it out. Either that, or tune it a bit more. There are always options. I think yours will have a bit more bumpy idle, and may take a little bit longer to build power, but, it is still gonna be a monster. (compared to stock....)

Old 06-08-2020, 08:56 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Run your cam for a while, and see what ya think. Want more bottom end? Change it out. Either that, or tune it a bit more. There are always options. I think yours will have a bit more bumpy idle, and may take a little bit longer to build power, but, it is still gonna be a monster. (compared to stock....)
Oh yeah he even said it will sound like a cammed out muscle car at idle which I'll like. The two tunes I got are "Towing" and "Performance" through an SCT Tuner. Might go with FlyinRyan or Hemi Fever if I don't like their tunes. Apparently they "CLAIM" the FI Airgap will make it a completely different driving experience. We shall see and I will review them as I plan on getting it dynoed (I have a before). But it won't be apples to apples as I changed the gearing and am running 40s

Quick Reply: 5.2 Magnum build help