2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Neutral safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Terribletim
The exploder I had wouldn't go into 4 unless I crawled under and tapped the transfer case, in the mud. So I just need to cap that red tube?
If you Permanently lock the cad, you don't need the vacuum system any more. However, it's a really simple system, and when properly maintained, works just fine.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:17 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you Permanently lock the cad, you don't need the vacuum system any more. However, it's a really simple system, and when properly maintained, works just fine.
Agreed here but there is the potential for problems. Mine was always delayed and sometimes had to move the truck.

Old 10-12-2020, 01:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Agreed here but there is the potential for problems. Mine was always delayed and sometimes had to move the truck.
Yeah, it isn't instantaneous by any stretch of the imagination, and it picks the absolute worst times to fail..... (which is why I test mine on a fairly regular basis...... ) But, no worse than any other CAD system I have used. At least it isn't like the older chevys, with there thermal actuator, which would disengage when it got snow packed around it.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:01 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, it isn't instantaneous by any stretch of the imagination, and it picks the absolute worst times to fail..... (which is why I test mine on a fairly regular basis...... ) But, no worse than any other CAD system I have used. At least it isn't like the older chevys, with there thermal actuator, which would disengage when it got snow packed around it.
I just set it up like my 3rd gen no CAD because I always forget to engage it before I get stuck

Quick Reply: Neutral safety switch